Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A poem about Vietnam by Oswald LeWinter
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:Regarding my own question whether Oswald LeWinter actually served in Vietnam, I found a reference in
http://cryptome.org/fayed-v-usa.htm

Quote:
22. In his book October Surprise (1991), Professor Gary Sick describes LeWinter as an "intelligence operative", who was a "graduate of University of California at Berkeley and had a master's degree in English literature from San Francisco State." "He spoke German and English, but he had also acquired a working knowledge of Hebrew, Persian, and French, and some Urdu." Sick stated LeWinter "had served with U.S. forces in Vietnam and also claimed long experience with various U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies."

While the CIA and its cut-outs were all over Vietnam, my hunch is that LeWinter may well have been connected with the Ted Shackley 'bunch' in and around Vietnam....can't prove it...just a 'feelin''. Would be interesting to know what exactly he was doing and connected to/with in Vietnam.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
A poem about Vietnam by Oswald LeWinter - by Peter Lemkin - 13-08-2012, 08:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geronimo E-KIA, a poem by the 1491s Magda Hassan 0 2,749 24-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan