Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A poem about Vietnam by Oswald LeWinter
Magda Hassan Wrote:Just loving this thread Carsten even though I've nothing to contribute. He certainly is intruiging and you've found so many interesting obscure titbits on him. Carry on!
Thanks Magda! Maybe with your skills you can try to find out if a unit called ITAC (Intelligence Threat Assessment Center) ever existed, since I am currently not able to confirm or deny it.
What I can confirm is that an international Rainer-Maria-Rilke prize existed and that Karl Krolow (the man who allegedly wrote one of the texts about LeWinter in 1997 reprinted in Ygdrasil 2003), a German poet did get it in 1975. He died in 1999.
http://www.suhrkamp.de/autoren/karl_krolow_2670.html (in German)
There are other authors associated with that prize over the years, and I did not find one yet, that I was unable to verify. On the other hand I did not find good references to Oswald LeWinter getting that prize in 1997, which could not come from LeWinter himself. Not that this is terribly important, but it would help to decide whether this little tidbit is disinformation or cover or whatever.
The most relevant literature regarding what happened since September 11, 2001 is George Orwell's "1984".

Messages In This Thread
A poem about Vietnam by Oswald LeWinter - by Carsten Wiethoff - 14-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geronimo E-KIA, a poem by the 1491s Magda Hassan 0 2,749 24-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan