Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaeton Fonzi, American Hero, has Passed
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Adele Edisen Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Adele Edisen Wrote:I asked Mr. Fonzi why had there been no reply, and he said, "They didn't want to open that door..."

But Gaeton DID help to open 'the door' a bit more, for all of us in America and the World - just enough so we could peek in and see they were lying their asses off and covering up the truth! Thank you G. Fonzi!

Peter, Mr. Fonzi was referring to the door that was specifically 'my door', not the general door or the other doors that he did help to open. I am not being critical of him; he was telling me something very important and true. Obviously he and others knew something of what I would be saying from the contents of my attorney's letters to Chairman Louis Stokes and Subcommittee Chairman Richardson Preyer. According to him, that information was not meant to be heard or read by the the open hearings of Congress and the people of the United States. That was what he was telling me, and I want this to be clearly understood.

Adele
Adele, I'm aware of that and believe that is what he meant. I used his analogy to point out that he did open a crack the larger door to the hidden facts and deeds about the events surrounding Dallas. Yes, in your conversation with him, he was saying they [committee] did not want to open the door that behind lay your testimony and truth....they didn't want to open any doors leading in that direction! Who was it that said during the WC that 'at this time we should be closing doors, not opening new ones'...or something to that effect? I didn't mean to take away anything from his comments directed at you by GF!

Peter,

Referring to your last sentence: I don't thnk you took anything away from Gaeton Fonzi's remarks directed at me. I merely wanted to keep others from misunderstanding what he was talking about, because my attorney's letters briefly summarized what I had to tell the Committee and Subcommittee. Those two letters were passed around and apparently it was decided that they would not investigate this matter (because they might have solved the JFK murder case). As a result, years later an FBI agent sent my information under his cover letter to the FBI offices in Washington, D.C., and that ended up in the hands of the ARRB and is now housed in a file at the JFK Collection of the National Archives (NARA II).

You are correct in saying that the Warren Commission's purpose was to close doors. It had to name Lee Harvey Oswald, who never shot at anyone that day, as the assassin of JFK and Tippit. Despite the fact that the HSCA concluded that there had been a second shooter on the grassy knoll, the Justice Derpartment and FBI refused to follow the mandate given to them by the House Committee (HSCA) to continue to investigate further. When an agent called Headquarters to ask if there was an ongoing investigation at the time, he was told to shut up if he valued his job. Well, private citizens are still investigating a murder case that could have been easily and honestly solved within a year or two after it happened.

I think Gaeton Fonzi was a real hero, an investigator who was doing his job and doing it well. He opened a door to the CIA and the Oswald connection to the CIA, and more.

Adele

Messages In This Thread
Gaeton Fonzi, American Hero, has Passed - by Adele Edisen - 05-09-2012, 07:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stanley Marks: Forgotten Hero Jim DiEugenio 2 3,291 18-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  H.P. Albarelli has passed away. Anthony Thorne 95 70,887 17-02-2020, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  John Kenneth Galbraith: A Hero in our Time Jim DiEugenio 25 22,672 21-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Jim DiEugenio Critiques CNN's American Dynasties Jim DiEugenio 0 13,873 20-07-2018, 09:40 PM
  Has Pierre Finck passed on? Jim DiEugenio 1 7,050 08-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  Eugene Dinkin: The Saga of an Unsung Hero Jim DiEugenio 2 5,684 24-10-2017, 06:16 AM
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 8,839 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
  Sylvia Odio interview with Fonzi Jim DiEugenio 17 10,588 07-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Howard Willens and The American Scholar Jim DiEugenio 2 3,314 22-10-2016, 02:25 AM
  JFK, RFK and Some Myths About American Foreign Policy Keith Millea 16 7,607 09-02-2014, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Marc Ellis