Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Spokespersons for the Truth for 50th Anniversary
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:And when I said the Kennedy case was of super human complexity, what I meant was the carrying out of the actual plot and the cover up afterwards, which I consider to have been planned in advance.

There was a cinch to be complexity when two cover-up narratives started competing soon after the assassination -- Oswald as lone nut/un-connected to the Reds, and Oswald as agent of Fidel.

I think the complexities of the actual murder pale to that of the cover-ups.

Quote:And as John Newman does, I think the key to the cover up was Mexico City.

The all important Kostikov connection. It wouldn't do to just blame Castro. They had to implicate the Soviets in order to get them back on their heels at the UN, prior to any Cuban bombing campaign JFK's murder might trigger.

Or so I speculate on the basis of...

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Lyman Lemnitzer, memorandum to Secretary of
Defense Robert McNamara, April 10, 1962 (emphasis added):

Quote:The Joint Chiefs of Staff believe that the Cuban problem must be solved
in the near future...Further, they see no prospect of early success in
overthrowing the present communist regime either as a result of internal
uprising or external political, economic or psychological pressures.
Accordingly they believe that military intervention by the United States
will be required to overthrow the present communist regime...The Joint
Chiefs of Staff believe that the United States can undertake military
intervention in Cuba without risk of general war. They also believe
that the intervention can be accomplished rapidly enough to minimize
communist opportunities for solicitation of U.N. action

Once Oswald was captured alive the Kostikov connection was dead in the water. That was the kind of frame that could only be hung on a dead man.

Quote:The second key was the amazing alacrity with which Hoover jumped on board.

Hoovers actions that day are fascinating. From McKnight's Breach of Trust:

Quote: What is historically important about the director's second call to Hickory Hill, which came at 4:01 pm (EST), was that the director told RFK that the assassin was in custody. "We," Hoover grandly announced, "had the man," overlooking the fact that it was the Dallas police who had arrested Lee Harvey Oswald. Hoover also made calls to James J Rowley, the head of the Secret Service, and Norbert A Schlei, assistant attorney general, Office of Legal Counsel.

...Nevertheless, on the day of the assassination DeLoach's unerring, machinelike director unaccountably broke down. He had shots coming from the fourth and fifth floors of the book depository building and a Winchester rifle as the murder weapon rather than the now famous Mannlicher-Carcano allegedly owned by Oswald. He had Oswald shuffling back and forth to Castro's Cuba, when in fact Oswald's one effort to get to Cuba from Mexico in the fall of 1963 had proven futile. There is no FBI or any other government record made public that documents Oswald ever being in Cuba. Hoover told Rowley that the assassin had gunned down a Secret Service agent when in fact is was actually a Dallas cop, J D Tippit, who was killed.

Correct me if I have this wrong, but I believe the FBI was hot on the chain of possession for the MC while at the same time Hoover was speaking of a Winchester and shots from different floors.

Hoover's willingness to claim that Oswald had been in Cuba shows me a guy itching to pin Oswald to Fidel.

My question is: at what time would Hoover had been ordered to get aboard the Oswald-as-lone-nut scenario?

Messages In This Thread
Best Spokespersons for the Truth for 50th Anniversary - by Cliff Varnell - 13-02-2013, 03:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deep Truth Journal: First Issue Jim DiEugenio 0 5,023 29-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Kavanaugh helped to keep the Truth of JFK assassination buried with CIA. Peter Lemkin 4 13,015 10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Fiction is Stranger than Truth Lauren Johnson 1 17,976 27-07-2018, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,799 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  J Norwood: "Lee Harvey Oswald: The Legend and the Truth" Jim Hargrove 12 9,869 04-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 53rd anniversary of the death of JFK Barry Keane 0 3,036 20-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  The fact of conspiracy weaponized: the 50th Anniversary Cliff Varnell 0 2,365 01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Today is the 53rd Anniversary of the “Oswald” Set-up Jim Hargrove 10 8,061 05-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  The truth behind the March 3, 1964 plot to assassinate Fidel Castro Scott Kaiser 2 3,244 24-02-2016, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Dealey Plaza UK commemorates the 52nd Anniversary of the death of JFK Barry Keane 1 3,222 31-12-2015, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Barry Keane