Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:I too am glad Dawn just said what she said.

I am all for getting as many new people who are trying to get up to speed on the case involved.

As per Don:

I think that what happened is that the other owners warned CD about his abrasive style. And how this was turning off new people and resulting in a declining membership. Apparently, CD is CD and that is part of him. So he decided to leave. If I am wrong, please correct me.

IMO, DPF is the one forum that can rival Spartacus. It has that wide of a range plus it has some interesting posters. And most of all, there are no Von Peins, Gary Macks, and Ray Carrolls here. And I think that is what the owners designed it as.

One of the problems we have is that it is not easy to get new people interested. Mainly because there is so much disinfo out there. Which, in my view, is deliberate. But if people are exposed to the correct info, most of them understand what is important and relevant. THe problem as I perceive it from what people like Magda and Jan have written is that CD's approach was so harsh that the forum suffered overall. I mean, the guy even attacked me.

I understand CD's frustration and how it can explode in anger. And although its harder to comprehend, I also think I understand what happened to Fetzer. (I think Greg made a good stab at that.) But this is the 50th. If we are going to get new people interested, now is the time. Its a good opportunity for DPF. And I think they want to maximize it.

Jim - thank you for your kind and generous words about DPF.

Without divulging the precise nature of private discussions between the founders, we are all made differently.

I don't mind some abrasiveness.

For example, Seamus and Charles have gone very many rounds here, delivering some decent blows, a couple of TKOs and some cheap shots.

My own view is that morally, if you dish it out, you should be prepared to take some shit back. And hopefully some nuggets of insight can be salvaged from amongst the broken, bloodied, teeth.

However when entire threads degenerate into name calling, character assassination and abuse, without any truth or insight being sought or identified, I lose interest.

Again, sometimes anger and abrasiveness is justified.

The DPF members performed an invaluable public service in exposing Ralph Cinque's snake oil. Yes, there was anger, abuse, outrage. And there were also cool, considered, evidence-driven destructions of Cinque's utter nosense.

Once the unnecessary and hyperbolic nature of Cinque's "proofs" had been demonstrated, the DPF founders voted to ban him.

We dd not need to provide a continued outlet for Cinque's snake oil, nor allow abuse to spam up the forum.

Some months later, as we observed Jim Fetzer's continued "Oswald Innocence Project" garbage and peddling of Cinque's nonsense, we had another decision to make.

Fetzer is a big player in the research community, and there was an ongoing risk that his recent idiocies would be portrayed by MSM as the best the "Conspiracy Theorists" have to offer, the Gold Standard of original investigative research.

Sadly, the Professor's latest offerings shine no light on deep political events. And so we cast the Prof out as well....

I share the judgement that we are at war with the Sponsors of the Public Slaughter of JFK.

I will continue to fight against Power and Hypocrisy.

I do not regard everone who disagrees with my views on DPF as an agent provocateur.

Since the last offering from the bard Pynchon was so spectacularly misunderstood, here are some more pearls of transcendent wisdom:

But the Rocket has to be many things, it must answer to a number of different shapes in the dreams of those who touch it - in combat, in tunnel, on paper - it must survive heresies shining, unconfoundable... and heretics there will be. Gnostics who have been taken in a rush of wind and fire to chambers of the Rocket-throne... Kabbalists who study the Rocket as Torah, letter by letter - rivets, burner cup and brass rose, its text is theirs to permute and combine into new revelations, always unfolding... Manichaeans who see two Rockets, good and evil, who speak together in the sacred idiolalia of the Primal Twins (some say their names are Enzian and Blicero) of a good Rocket to take us to the stars, an evil Rocket for the world's suicide, the two perpetually in struggle.

But these heretics will be sought and the dominion of silence will enlarge as each one goes down... they will all be sought out. Each will have his personal Rocket. Stored in its target-seeker will be the heretic's EEG, the spikes and susurrations of heartbeat, the ghost-blossomings of personal infrared, each Rocket will know its intended and hunt him, ride him a green-doped and silent hound, through our World, shining and pointed in the sky at his back, his guardian executioner rushing in, rushing closer....
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Peter Lemkin - 23-03-2013, 11:21 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Peter Lemkin - 23-03-2013, 07:31 PM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Phil Dragoo - 23-03-2013, 08:48 PM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by LR Trotter - 24-03-2013, 01:07 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Magda Hassan - 24-03-2013, 02:46 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Peter Lemkin - 24-03-2013, 07:32 PM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Albert Doyle - 24-03-2013, 08:20 PM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Magda Hassan - 25-03-2013, 01:47 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Matthew Poe - 25-03-2013, 04:08 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by David Healy - 25-03-2013, 04:28 AM
It's All Been a Tremendous Lark - by Magda Hassan - 25-03-2013, 05:53 AM