Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RFK Assasination Legal Case Update by Russ Baker
Quote:Writes Pepper in his most recent submission:
Will the [district court] accept the magistrate's report and quash the request for a new trial? Or will we see a break in the case? As my French colleagues, who have reviewed this file sayLes jeux sont faites. The game is up.
But is it? The judge handling the case will presumably be under intense pressure not to permit a new trial. Consider the Pandora's box that could open. If the public were to learn to distrust the official version of yet another assassination that changed the course of American history, where would this all end? Before long, people might wonder what happened to Martin Luther King, to labor leader Walter Reuther, to all of the leading lights that were extinguished one after another in the last century.
It will take the active interest of the public and the mediaand some improbable heroism on the part of the latterto keep up the pressure until "justice" becomes more than just another word for blind acceptance of the government-sanctioned status quo.

And this is the problem with ALL of the assassination cases. We do not have an honest judicial system, free of outside influence, and we do not have Congressional bodies that are free of influence, including death threats to members, either. Remember such threats made not too long ago to members of the House of Representatives when the House majority voted "NO" on a bill, and some members complained of these threats on the floor of the House on TV? The bill was returned for another vote and this time the vote changed to "YES". If I remember correctly, it had to do with bailing out banks, or something like that.

The House Oversight Committee, whether with a Democratic or Republican majority in the House, will do nothing to get documents on JFK and Martin Luther King, Jr., released from the files. I made a trip to Washington, D.C., in March of 2010 and spoke with interested staff members of the Oversight Committee. The result? The Committee "did not want to rock the boat," I was told. Then I wrote a personal letter to President Obama asking for the release of documents relevant to my interview with the Secret Service and Special Liaison Agent of the FBI on November 24, 1963, in New Orleans, Louisiana, after the assassination of President Kennedy. I have not received an acknowledgement of the receipt of my letter, or any answer from the President or member of his staff to date.

Adele

Adele

Messages In This Thread
RFK Assasination Legal Case Update by Russ Baker - by Adele Edisen - 08-04-2013, 07:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CTKA Reviews two book on the MLK case Jim DiEugenio 1 5,298 06-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  My interview on the RFK case with Robert Wilson from The Sleuth Journal Joseph McBride 4 7,476 16-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Lisa Pease on her new book on the RFK case on BOR. Dawn Meredith 0 5,524 18-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Sirhan Sirhan with new plea in RFK case Adele Edisen 4 4,968 01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Lisa Pease on the RFK case: The Grand Illusion Jim DiEugenio 16 11,598 17-05-2011, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Lisa Pease on the RFK case:Rubik's Cube Jim DiEugenio 0 3,272 10-03-2011, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  The Chandra Levy case reopens Magda Hassan 0 4,016 23-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan