Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing 11-19-63 FBI Memo - 11-19-63 Sac, WMFO to Dir, FBI 105-82555-78
Thanks Tracy.

I deleted the bulk of my post, which in the context of your reply seemed off-the-mark.

I did try searching for info on that file, by name, and by file number.
Google returned only, and exactly, three hits.
Two were the file itself, and one was a very poor overview of the memo in a google book document, which explained little.[

One other question I did come up against when reviewing some of the Mexico files.
It looks like, in one instance where he goes in to the Russian Embassy in Mexico, the description of the event apparently describes Oswald as speaking in "broken" "hardly recognizable" Russian. If this is correct, it seems to conflict with Marina's account of a near-fluent Russian speaking Oswald.

Are we back to a case of "two oswalds" on this basis, or am I misreading *who* spoke in the broken Russian? (i can only assume it was not the Russian consulate?)

PS - I also do note that Oswald DOES say "complete OUR business" but again it is veiled. Are we to assume that the Russian consulate knew what business he is talking about? Going tangential again, is there any method for making assumptions about what response Oswald was hoping for when he asked the Russian Consulate previously about word on a response from Washington? Can it at least be clarified if he was looking for a response from the *Russian* embassy in Washington, or if he was seeking word from a US source? (i am now assuming it was the former, since the later makes little sense in view of the fact that he is in a Russian Embassy, but???)

Messages In This Thread
Confusing 11-19-63 FBI Memo - 11-19-63 Sac, WMFO to Dir, FBI 105-82555-78 - by Nick Rose - 11-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Katzenbach ever explain his now infamous memo either in his memoirs or interview? Edwin Ortiz 4 4,721 16-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  MEMO FOR RECORD from New release - PROJECT LONGSTRIDE and Robert Webster David Josephs 4 6,609 12-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  McCone memo to Rankin 3/3/64 real or fake? Drew Phipps 9 3,522 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Secret memo from JFK showing his interest in UFOs possibly linked to assassination !!! Bernice Moore 5 4,522 31-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Seamus Coogan