Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing 11-19-63 FBI Memo - 11-19-63 Sac, WMFO to Dir, FBI 105-82555-78
Nick, this FBI memo was a response to the typed letter Oswald allegedly sent the Russian embassy in Washington (dated November 9, postmarked in Irving 11/12. The FBI intercepted it as part of their program of reading mail going to the Soviets):

"FROM LEE H. OSWALD, P.O. BOX 6225, DALLAS, TEXAS - MARINA NICHILAYEVA OSWALD, SOVIET CITIZEN - TO: CONSULAR DIVISION EMBASSY USSR WASHINGTON D.C. NOV. 9, 1963 - Dear Sirs: 1. This is to inform you of recent events since my meetings with comrade Kostin in the Embassy of the Soviet Union, Mexico City, Mexico. 2. I was unable to remain in Mexico idefinily because of my mexican visa restrictions which was for 15 days only. I could not take a chance on requesting a new visa unless I used my real name, so I returned to the United States. 3. I had not planned to contact the Soviet embassy in Mexico so they were unprepared, had I been able to reach the Soviet Embassy in Havana as planned, the embassy there would have had time to complete our business. 4. Of corse, the Soviet embassy was not at fault, they were, as I say unprepared, the Cuban consulate was guilty of a gross breach of regulations, I am glad he has since been replced. 5. The Federal Bureu of Investigation is not now interested in my activities in the progressive organization 'Fair Play For Cuba Committee', of which I was secretary in New Orleans (state Louisiana) since I no longer reside in that state. However, the FBI has visited us here in Dallas, Texas, on November 1st. Agent James P. Hosty warned me that if I engaged in F.P.C.C. activities in Texas the FBI will again taken an 'interest' in me. 6. This agent also 'suggested' to Marina Nichilayeva that she could remain in the United States under FBI 'protection,' that is, she could defect from the Soviet Uion, of course, I and my wife strongly protested these tactics by the notorious FBI. 7. Please inform us of the arrival of our Soviet entrance visa's as soon as they come. 8. Also, this is to inform you of the birth on October 20, 1963 of a DAUGHTER, AUDREY MARINA OSWALD in DALLAS, TEXAS, to my wife."

Messages In This Thread
Confusing 11-19-63 FBI Memo - 11-19-63 Sac, WMFO to Dir, FBI 105-82555-78 - by Tracy Riddle - 11-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Katzenbach ever explain his now infamous memo either in his memoirs or interview? Edwin Ortiz 4 4,721 16-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  MEMO FOR RECORD from New release - PROJECT LONGSTRIDE and Robert Webster David Josephs 4 6,609 12-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  McCone memo to Rankin 3/3/64 real or fake? Drew Phipps 9 3,522 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  Secret memo from JFK showing his interest in UFOs possibly linked to assassination !!! Bernice Moore 5 4,522 31-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Seamus Coogan