Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate releases CIA torture report
Convicted CIA Torture Whistleblower Describes Prison Life

By MICHAEL B KELLEY [Image: download1.jpg?w=307&h=200&crop=1]

John Kiriakou, the former CIA officer sentenced to two and a half years in prison for leaking the name of a secret agent in charge of the CIA's Bush-era torture program, has written a letter detailing his initial time served at the Federal Correctional Institute in Loretto, Pennsylvania.

The letter reveals a very interesting perspective of a trained intelligence officer - Kiriakou worked for the CIA from 1990 to 2004 - co-mingling with a variety of common criminals.
Kiriakou, 47, who pleaded guilty in October and began his sentence in February, begins the letter by saying that his imprisonment is "punishment for blowing the whistle on the CIA's illegal torture programand for telling the public that torture was official U.S. government policy."
Here are some of the highlights from his picture of prison life:
  • My cellmates include two Dominicans serving 24- and 20-year sentences for drugs; a Mexican serving 15 years for drugs, and a Puerto Rican serving 7 1/2 years for drug conspiracy; and the former auditor of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, who's doing a long sentence for corruption. They're all decent guys and we actually enjoy each other's company.
  • Of the white prisoners, most are pedophiles with personal stories that would make you sick to your stomach. The rest of the white prisoners are here for drugs, except for a dozen or so who ran Ponzi schemes.
  • Of the 1,369 prisoners, 40 have college degrees and six of us have master's degrees. The GED program is robust.
  • I'm a janitor in the chapel. I make $5.25 a month.
  • It turned out that I had to get a copy of my formal sentencing documents to prove that I wasn't a child molester. I did that, and was welcomed by the Aryans, who aren't really Aryans, but more accurately self-important hillbillies.
  • [One female Corrections Officer] stopped me and said, "Are you the motherf whose name I can't pronounce?" I responded, "Ki-ri-AH-koo." She said, "how about if I just call you Fface?"
[B]Check out the full letter >[/B]
Kiriakou goes on to explain why he gets along with each ethnic demographic in prison, saying: "So far, so good."
He also claims that Corrections Officers tried to get him into a violent confrontation with a Muslim inmate by telling him he was the uncle of the Times Square bombers, adding: "Instead, we're friendly, we exchange greetings in Arabic and English, and we chat."
In a 2007 interview with ABC, Kiriakou confirmed for the first time that Abu Zubaydah, a top Al Qaeda detainee, had been subjected to waterboarding.
In 2008 Kiriakou confirmed that name of the chief of the CIA's Rendition, Detention, Interrogation (RDI) teams to ABC journalist Matthew Cole, and confirmed the role of another CIA employee in classified activities regarding "black sites."
"He gave names with that expectation that they be contacted and may choose to speak about it," Kiriakou's lawyer, Robert Trout, said when his client was sentenced. "Naively, he didn't appreciate that he could lose control of it."
Kiriakou is the first and only person linked to the controversial "enhanced interrogation" program to be prosecuted.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Senate releases CIA torture report - by Bart Kamp - 09-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Senate releases CIA torture report - by Peter Lemkin - 12-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uk Territory used for torture and rendition flights - British knew. David Guyatt 0 2,837 31-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Breaking News: Confirmed Identity of the CIA Official behind 9/11 Rendition & Torture Cases Revealed Magda Hassan 4 12,868 22-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  TORTURE Harry Dean 2 3,200 20-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Harry Dean
  British intelligence's use of torture Paul Rigby 2 3,505 14-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Torture: American Style Lauren Johnson 6 5,421 11-12-2014, 10:00 AM
  Gitmo murder cover up - secret CIA "dry-boarding" torture the cause David Guyatt 0 2,417 11-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Dianne Feinstein launches scathing attack on CIA over torture cover up David Guyatt 23 7,102 21-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Kubark Torture Manual, Apparently Updated, Just Surfaced Peter Lemkin 2 5,806 21-12-2013, 03:30 AM
  Special Report: Watergate - the untold story - by Carl Bernstein & Bob Woodward Adele Edisen 11 10,690 20-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  The Mass Psychology of Torture Adele Edisen 0 2,887 10-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen