Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking Back To My 5 Days At Woodstock 40 Yrs Ago.
I've already mentioned the reaction of some of the police caught within the crowd at Woodstock. They were in uniform, of course, but many had flowers in their hair, behind their ears, in their pockets, etc...and were NOT trying to take them out....they were caught in the feeling there at the moment and I'm sure many were in a VERY foreign environment - but loving it [grooving on it, would be the lingo of the time]. Then after the rain, the food ran out and trucks couldn't get through the roads which had cars parked on the sides of the road, and IN the road - so somehow the Army helicopters dropped food and water to us [I always wondered who paid for that]. I even saw one helicopter drop several hundred pounds of flowers over the crowd. Peace, Love and Positive Regard is infectious - unless the PTB go through with their Blue-Meany routine.

Yes, Woodstock shocked the PTB, and they made a decision to never let that happen again nor spread. All you posted Jan are on the mark. It was a magical moment in time - there were a few others in S.F. I was at...and then it was all over and the '60s became a killing field, nasty drug/mind-control testing field - and the beginning of our current and ongoing policestate. However, it proved what was possible and IMO what the People want.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Thinking Back To My 5 Days At Woodstock 40 Yrs Ago. - by Peter Lemkin - 16-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBC iPlayer - Thinking Allowed: Conspiracy theories Bernice Moore 0 2,647 29-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Good old days of killing exploding cigars, an umbrella gun, But Today the're back Bernice Moore 0 2,709 13-07-2011, 05:06 AM
  Family finds $45,000 cash in attic of newly purchased home - then gives it back Bernice Moore 0 2,375 20-05-2011, 10:15 PM
  Critical Thinking Skills Ed Jewett 0 2,537 28-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Manifesto of Joseph Stack - Another one bites back. Magda Hassan 20 12,984 28-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Jack White
  Take Back Your Education Magda Hassan 2 3,703 11-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan