Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed?
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:Thanks Lauren.

Of course it's about the dollar. What gets me though, is that the US allowed the banking cartel to rob the US and the rest of the world blind and bring the dollar to its knees leading to the giant crash of 2008. For me this was the elites robbing the US of its wealth - and the rest of the world too. I always figured this was because they saw the inevitable changes coming as the world slowly realigned itself.

If not what was the greatest theft in history all about?

Greed certainly. But anyone with an ounce of common sense could see what happened was inevitable because that level of gearing/leverage was impossible to sustain, and was going to end incredibly badly (as it did). I very clearly saw what was happening as far back as 20 years ago, so bank chairman, fed governors and all the others must've seen it too. And let it happen?

What's it all about? Here's my guess:

Quote:"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
-- Quote from Caroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope, Chapter 20

I know that quote so well. :Bishop:

My concern with it, in this case, is that it must've been a tremendous gamble were that the case, because they virtually collapsed their banking system - their pride and joy - to achieve their aims, and thus rendered themselves far weaker in the process.

Clearly, the world is now changing very rapidly and new banking/economic systems are developing that are outside their control and jurisdiction.

My own thoughts were that perhaps the elite saw the writing on the wall and decided to plunder everything while they could. This always happens when a regime comes to an end. I would also factor into this somewhat weak theory that this might account for the Bush family buying that damn great ranch down in latin America where there is no extradition agreements in place.

But in the short term they, to their amazement, still see the possibility of keeping most of the plates spinning on poles and while they can keep this magic going they will. It means more profit, with a chance of further sunshine, so why not.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed? - by David Guyatt - 21-02-2015, 12:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unheralded report by Channel 4's economic editor on latest forex fraud by banks David Guyatt 1 3,303 15-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Paul Craig Roberts: How Deregulation Has Resurrected American Economic Insecurity Adele Edisen 7 5,644 13-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Miracle economic solution Gary Severson 2 3,567 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Gary Severson
  Hudson On Greek Economic Coup and Coming World Economic Coup Peter Lemkin 2 3,263 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
  Top Chinese official in talks on Spain's economic woes David Guyatt 0 2,186 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Axis Of Greed - Structure Of Economic Elites Peter Lemkin 2 5,510 28-02-2010, 08:58 AM
  The up side of the economic meltdown in Iceland. No more McDonalds Magda Hassan 1 3,285 28-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Economic Recovery is an Illusion Magda Hassan 0 2,743 04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
  Tarpley on Obama's Economic Woes & Plans - Great Talk! Peter Lemkin 0 2,652 26-02-2009, 10:41 AM
  Bureau of Economic Analysis research information on US companies o/s holdings Magda Hassan 0 2,459 19-02-2009, 09:17 AM