Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed?
Ah, but I do always try to see the Collective Shadow at work, Lauren. I often fail, but I try. But to be perfectly honest, I have found that subject to be not generally well received and have, therefore, more or less ceased discussing it. And miss those discussions, too.

In the above outlined tentative theory my thinking was focused solely on the - more or less, the conscious - thought processes of elites who concluded the end was nigh and thus deciding to rob everyone blind while they could. Greed is a major shadow quality -- a case of me, me me, me first. I need. I deserve. I want...

This is such a prevalent thought process today that we don't really even discuss it any more. Perhaps we should.

We are all, to a greater or lesser degree anyway, contaminated by it due to our own shadow qualities that daily stream through us and which we remain consciously oblivious to. And I do really mean oblivious. We are dismally unaware of this other reality. If we were to concentrate our focus on where and how our own thoughts arise, we will often find that they're not our thoughts at all, but originate from somewhere outside of ourselves and simply inhabit us when they touch us. We, in turn, because we are not conscious of this mechanism, make the understandable assumption that every thought we have originated in ourselves. Fools!

Mea culpa!

The question you and I have both discussed before is whether the wizards actually run the show or whether the show runs them? My conclusion is the latter. We as a species just are not conscious enough to be anything but bystanders to the great matters that have us in their grip and which determine our fate. Due to our perennial absence.

In the grand scheme of things, the grand scheme plays out.

As you say it is not an easy subject at all to get to grips with, and it is very easy to develop split thinking about it all. In a real sense having different subject matters, different folders (banking, black operations, geopolitics etc etc) and different members discussing these different things only adds to the general schizophrenia we all live with.

I hope this clarifies the subject a little.

Must go now, those men in white coats are coming...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed? - by David Guyatt - 24-02-2015, 10:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unheralded report by Channel 4's economic editor on latest forex fraud by banks David Guyatt 1 3,303 15-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Paul Craig Roberts: How Deregulation Has Resurrected American Economic Insecurity Adele Edisen 7 5,644 13-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Miracle economic solution Gary Severson 2 3,567 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Gary Severson
  Hudson On Greek Economic Coup and Coming World Economic Coup Peter Lemkin 2 3,264 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
  Top Chinese official in talks on Spain's economic woes David Guyatt 0 2,186 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Axis Of Greed - Structure Of Economic Elites Peter Lemkin 2 5,510 28-02-2010, 08:58 AM
  The up side of the economic meltdown in Iceland. No more McDonalds Magda Hassan 1 3,285 28-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Economic Recovery is an Illusion Magda Hassan 0 2,743 04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
  Tarpley on Obama's Economic Woes & Plans - Great Talk! Peter Lemkin 0 2,652 26-02-2009, 10:41 AM
  Bureau of Economic Analysis research information on US companies o/s holdings Magda Hassan 0 2,459 19-02-2009, 09:17 AM