Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed?
Ahh, the Collective Shadow. Your post reminds me that indeed the discussions here on the CS in fact reminded me of my theological tradition (Lutheran) and helped me integrate it into an understanding the world as it is.

Current studies on Luther now see him as critiquing the early capitalism struggling to grasp what is now apparent to many -- capitalism is a disaster and profoundly demonic. Of course, "capitalism" as a concept did not exist nor did most of the conceptual tools available to us today. His excoriation of the Jews, for example, from this view, was a continuation of the centuries long demonization of a people by Christians mixed in with his view of a system based on greed. Luther saw the growth of system that was deeply in violation of his view of human life: humans are always going to be possessed by something or someone. It's just the way we are. We therefore need to be possessed by Christ.

And we are at the core of Luther's thought. Since we are inevitably human, we are always going to be inventing strategies to avoid God -- this is what is called Luther's theology of the cross. A modern innovation of this thinking that might be helpful would be Alcoholics Anonymous, in which alcoholics confess their powerlessness over alcohol turn their life over to their higher power to live in a daily life free of the power of alcohol -- a perfect analog.

So, the collective unconscious.

Quote:The question you and I have both discussed before is whether the wizards actually run the show or whether the show runs them? My conclusion is the latter. We as a species just are not conscious enough to be anything but bystanders to the great matters that have us in their grip and which determine our fate. Due to our perennial absence.

From what I have said, I agree 100%.

My interest is how the Collective Unconscious intersects and becomes consciously embodied and yet remains hidden. Somehow, I posit that this embodiment operates today with intentionality and planning. I guess that is what I am looking for in the 2008 collapse and the next one to come linked with war and/or "terrorist attacks."

With this model, I suggest that the people who were tasked with blowing the thing up came close to crashing the plane, just managed to make an emergency landing. Great job guys.

There have been so many benefits! I think one of them has been the conviction that markets need to be managed, read manipulated, as a matter of national security. Another one is the weakening of national and local sovereignty to allow asset stripping practices. So many more.

The question: is there a wizard class that subtly manipulates the general direction without micromanaging the process. Tentatively, Yes. Are they the masters of the Collective Unconscious? No. But if they are Satanists, they know it. Gasp. Did I say that?

Lord Voldemort's power is increasing and the muggle world is experiencing the gathering storm, without a clue.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Messages In This Thread
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed? - by Lauren Johnson - 24-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unheralded report by Channel 4's economic editor on latest forex fraud by banks David Guyatt 1 3,303 15-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Paul Craig Roberts: How Deregulation Has Resurrected American Economic Insecurity Adele Edisen 7 5,644 13-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Miracle economic solution Gary Severson 2 3,567 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Gary Severson
  Hudson On Greek Economic Coup and Coming World Economic Coup Peter Lemkin 2 3,264 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
  Top Chinese official in talks on Spain's economic woes David Guyatt 0 2,186 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Axis Of Greed - Structure Of Economic Elites Peter Lemkin 2 5,510 28-02-2010, 08:58 AM
  The up side of the economic meltdown in Iceland. No more McDonalds Magda Hassan 1 3,285 28-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Economic Recovery is an Illusion Magda Hassan 0 2,743 04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
  Tarpley on Obama's Economic Woes & Plans - Great Talk! Peter Lemkin 0 2,652 26-02-2009, 10:41 AM
  Bureau of Economic Analysis research information on US companies o/s holdings Magda Hassan 0 2,459 19-02-2009, 09:17 AM