Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consciousness and the Problem of the Shadow - The House of the Gathering
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
Quote:My bad. I knew that. Fingers duly burned.

I'll avoid doing that again in the future.

No hay problemas. Nada.

Your fingers are not burned. I liked reading your ideas and am thinking about them still.

My point was that to go very deep into a dream, I would need a guide helps me see things I can't or won't.

The way I look at it, when you analyze someone else's dream, you have actually made it your own dream. How about that?

EDIT: Therefore, David, my present to you!!

It was more a case of memo of self rebuke Lauren. I was projecting and know better.

I appreciate your kindness and know you're sensible and well balanced, so no problemo. Which is good. The thing is that each of us tend to see symbols slightly differently and respond differently, which reflects the play of our psyche and, I suppose, emphasises that each of us are unique. I have always seen "Chief" as a very positive figure, but that isn't everyone's take, just mine.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Consciousness and the Problem of the Shadow - The House of the Gathering - by David Guyatt - 28-02-2015, 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Archetype of the Shadow David Guyatt 50 78,897 04-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  On the nature of the Shadow David Guyatt 2 4,353 16-01-2009, 06:29 PM
  Jung, alchemy and the "Shadow" David Guyatt 0 3,555 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM