Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing the police madness in the US
The police and police-like agencies are increasingly out of control - and have been for a long time. But hey, the 'judicial system' [sic] doesn't do anything about these crimes and hasn't as long as I can remember - maybe getting less so since 911. Ultimately, the entire political, social, economic and ethical system[s] in the USA have eroded. It is IMO now a police state, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that the police do outrageous things....to anyone...sadly more to poor and non-whites..but really to anyone seen as non-elite, non-oligarch, non-cowering sheep.

I, myself, am an American, but live outside. I return infrequently and am always 'on edge' when 'home'. This is not just theoretical fear. I had real horrible incidents that caused me to leave, and I had one on one return trip during which I was arrested in a tent while camping {I thought} legally in a public Federal campground. I came out of my tent and heard a voice say "Mr. Lemkin, freeze, hands in the air!" I turned slightly to see four guns pointed at my head. My dog ran out of the tent and the guns pointed toward her. I said, "shoot me if you want, but don't shoot the dog, she won't hurt you!". I was handcuffed, shackled and driven for seven hours to a FEDERAL detention center - my dog taken to the dog pound. I was NOT told why I was being arrested until three days later when I appeared in front of a Federal Judge. Lucky for me she was quite liberal - or I may not be here or anywhere today. I was arrested under an arcane provision in the unpatriot act [camping on federal lands without a 'domicile' in the USA]. The judge was very angry at the arresting officer and after I told my past history: good upper-middle class upbringing, Yale, Governor's aide, no legal problems in past, problems I had before I left USA, reason for camping, etc. she let me go free (on condition I not camp on Federal Lands for one year) and told the arresting officer NOT to try that again before her. In the Federal Prison my 'cellmate' for those three days was a totally innocent man 'in' for 50 years on a grass sale he was NOT involved in in any way. When he found out I was trained in chemistry and toxicology he begged me to help him find a way to commit suicide. I was roughed up in jail and mistreated - as were all. I think about this every time I am about to return....if such can happen to me, imagine how someone without white skin and my past must feel and fear! Oh, yes, I returned back to the campground to find my expensive tent shredded and contents destroyed - and no, the USG never did repay me...another long battle and story. I'm convinced that my political research and efforts in the past led to the attempt to find any law to 'teach me a lesson'. I was lucky.....it could have been worse, much worse...... and now putting this on the internet for the first time, I've just made any job in the USA that much more remote; and such a repeat incident that much more likely. Veritas vos liberabit!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Continuing the police madness in the US - by Peter Lemkin - 10-12-2014, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security Video Shows Police Lied In Michael Brown Shooting Albert Doyle 0 6,663 13-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Police Brutality, Insensitivity and Militarism/Robotism is all the Rage Now! David Guyatt 109 58,800 09-02-2016, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  More racism and sexism by the met police David Guyatt 0 2,327 24-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  From Boston to Ferguson - Have We Reached A Tipping Point in the Police State? David Guyatt 0 2,826 05-09-2014, 09:29 AM
  Police Brutality, Insensitivity and Militarism/Robotism is all the Rage Now! Peter Lemkin 3 3,222 28-02-2014, 05:36 AM
  The Police State Is Ratchetted Up One More Notch In U.S.A. Peter Lemkin 3 3,765 27-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Met police corruption report - gangsters have infiltrated Scotland Yard at choice David Guyatt 3 3,326 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
  More police brutality David Guyatt 0 1,994 03-12-2013, 10:31 AM
  New Reports Details Worldwide Police Crackdown On Peaceful Protests & Criminalization of Dissent Peter Lemkin 0 2,068 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM
  Cleveland Police in huge damages payout to lawyer David Guyatt 0 2,857 11-05-2013, 10:40 AM