Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First post by way of a personal Introduction
I am a semi-retired businessman who supplements a meagre retirement income by futures contract trading. In the wider scheme of things it is a totally useless occupation but it is in the nature of the system we live in that there are many and varied 'useless occupations' - and I don't make the rules. Neither do I have any wish to adopt a self-denying 'sustainable' lifestyle as a sort of pulpit from which to preach to the sheeple - in spite of an in-depth understanding of the gross unsustainability of our present crazy globalised political and economic orthodoxies

Having said all that I did undergo a sort of 'Red pill/blue pill' conversion process (for want of a better description) over the first few years of the current millennium, the bare bones of which (for anyone interested) are outlined on the blog referenced below. Recent (and not so recent posts) will also give a flavour of how I see the world these days. You will note that I am very familiar with many of the major preoccupations of this forum - which is part of why I am here of course.

Anyway, my daily routine means monitoring about 10 screens for countless hours every day, waiting for various trigger signals from proprietory software. The boredom is relieved by copious reading of all manner of web-sites (I currently have 80-odd RSS subscriptions, producing maybe 1,500+ articles per day, of which I read maybe a couple of dozen in depth - the vast majority are what you might call 'non-MSM').

Cutting to the chase (to use one of dozens of glorious hunting metaphors that grace the language) I have begun to zero in on GOLD as a focus for 'Deep State' shenanigans of personal interest. I trade the ZG Comex futures contract; I've been a GATA subscriber for many years and I therefore (of necessity) have a professional gut feel for the antics of the Presidents's 'Working Group on Financial Markets' (ie the Plunge Protection Team). A sine-qua-non of success for a small-time proprietory trader is to clearly understand that the term 'Free-Market' has become an oxymoron. I have also just read David Guyatt's 'The Secret Gold Treaty' and am hooked.

I hope I will have things, thoughts etc to contribute here myself. In the meantime I would be grateful for any steer from David - or anyone else - about further reasearch into what David has dubbed 'Black Gold' - AU not oil of course.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
First post by way of a personal Introduction - by Peter Presland - 26-03-2009, 08:07 PM
First post by way of a personal Introduction - by Myra Bronstein - 27-03-2009, 12:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Conservative Party - an introduction David Guyatt 1 3,414 27-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt