Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Barbour's Last Word On 'The Garrison Tapes'
Watched this at Greg Parker's JFK conference in Melbourne last weekend, and was impressed by it. I hope more people watch it. Len puts together valuable stuff and I hope he knows how appreciated he is for it. There are only a few people online doing consistently well-researched and well assembled documentaries. James Corbett is one, and Len is another. I can't think of many others that are as credible and on target - maybe the Metanoia Films guy in Canada, but his work is fairly different from Len's and James'.

The conference screened James DiEugenio's lengthy chat (great) and had surprisingly good presentations on the FPCC, on Bonnie Ray Williams, and on the Warren Commission. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Hasan Yusuf and a few others from Greg's forum and gently joshing them over the inter-forum rivalries that don't need dwelling on here. The new PRAYER MAN book was on the table behind me but I didn't get much of a chance to read through it.

Also in the crowd at the conference - an Education Forum regular, David (or Matthew) Mc-something (I'm terrible with names and didn't catch his over the crowd noise, even though we chatted for most of the lunch hour), an American now living in Newcastle and running a used bookshop there. He used to write for the 70's Australian left-wing mag NATION REVIEW and was apparently the guy that first leaked the name of one of the three CIA agents that Whitlam later brandished in parilament before Ted Shackley sent ASIO a cable the day before the coup expressing his distress. I grilled him on the dismissal and Nugan Hand and he obligingly pulled out a notepad and was writing down names, dates, connections. The most intriguing for me - he pegged a likely private discussion within Australia (with the future PM Fraser, and possibly others) flagging an upcoming coup to have been care of John Connally, who visited Australia in August 1974 c/o the Santa Gertrudis Breeders Convention event in (I believe) Queensland. Connally was on the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board at the time, alongside such folk as William Casey, John Foster, Clare Booth Luce and Edward Teller. After Whitlam was dismissed - and I don't know if it made the news locally at the time or not - a few letterbombs were sent to various individuals prior to Fraser being elected. As he put it, "there were a lot of strange things going on over that period".

Messages In This Thread
John Barbour's Last Word On 'The Garrison Tapes' - by Anthony Thorne - 27-11-2015, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Judge on Donald Norton Peter Lemkin 31 29,329 10-03-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  John T Martin: Filmed on same reel: Edwin Walker's Home, Oswald NOLA Leaflets Distribution Tom Scully 1 2,483 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
  John Judge has died Dawn Meredith 112 120,700 14-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Accomplishing Jim Garrison’s Investigation on the Trail of the Assassins of JFK Paper Magda Hassan 1 1,695 21-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,467 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,440 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
  The FBI, JFK and Jim Garrison Jim DiEugenio 3 3,157 26-11-2019, 06:09 AM
  Jim Garrison: Some Unauthorized Comments on the State of the Union Jim DiEugenio 2 2,927 13-08-2019, 06:39 PM
  Jim Garrison vs NPR (The Beat Goes on Part 3) Jim DiEugenio 2 2,997 10-07-2019, 02:25 PM
  Released Garrison Files Lauren Johnson 3 4,163 09-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson