Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit and British Member Of Parliament Murdered
Meet 10 Britons who voted to leave the EU

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016...ave-the-eu

On 23 June, Britain voted to end its 43-year relationship with the EU. We spoke to people around the country who responded to a Guardian callout to find out why they voted to leave, and whether they're happy with the outcome.

Here's what they said.

Quote:For a better standard of life

I want a stable country where people from all counties across the UK are heard and not fed scraps from the south. I don't want to fear that when my daughter has children there's no room in schools due to overcrowding, or if she has health issues a medical appointment doesn't take longer than growing a baby.

We should feel safe in our jobs and not feel as though if we're not willing to work seven days a week, 10 hours a day then someone can quite easily be drafted in from abroad and subsequently thrown on the unemployment pile further straining local economy.

When every Briton lives a suitable standard of life, then my tax money can be spent elsewhere. When the systems put into place NHS, state schools, housing are well-equipped and capable of looking after each individual residing in the UK, then we can accept more and do right by others.

We, the little people, or even the big boys that apparently run the country haven't got full control over what happens, and if suffering a downturn in wages due a weaker economy over trading deals is a price to pay to make the country and its people better educated and in a full bill of health then so be it.

The image of racism is far from true and shouldn't be used as a smear against the voiceless that live day-to-day with the consequences of the decision makers that reside in a London borough away from real life and constantly roll the shit downhill.

What the writers in a swanky London office or sat at home at a fine oak table with an Apple Mac drinking espresso from Starbucks don't realise is that the leave voters from wherever they're from aren't afraid of rolling up their sleeves and putting in the graft that will make the country great.
"There are three sorts of conspiracy: by the people who complain, by the people who write, by the people who take action. There is nothing to fear from the first group, the two others are more dangerous; but the police have to be part of all three,"

Joseph Fouche

Messages In This Thread
Brexit and British Member Of Parliament Murdered - by Paul Rigby - 26-06-2016, 09:26 AM