Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragedy and Hope - Carol Quigley
The quintessential Anglo-American insiders account.
Available as a pdf here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2488794/1966-C...n-Our-Time

Quigley was a famous professor and historian also consultant to the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Navy, the Smithsonian Institution or U.S. President Bill Clinton. Clinton named Quigley as an important influence during his acceptance speech to the 1992 Democratic National Convention. He was also known as insider to group known as "The Round Table". This book was written for these groups as an internal study and speaks open about the history of Round Table and Rhodes society!

"There does exist, and has existed for a generation, an international Anglophile network which operates, to some extent, in the way the ... Right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups, and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960's, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments.
I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies (notably to its belief that England was an Atlantic rather than a European Power and must be allied, or even federated, with the United States and must remain isolated from Europe), but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known.”
- Quigley, TH, page 786.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Tragedy and Hope - Carol Quigley - by Magda Hassan - 21-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Tragedy and Hope - Carol Quigley - by R.K. Locke - 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Tragedy and Hope - Carol Quigley - by R.K. Locke - 05-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Tragedy and Hope - Carol Quigley - by R.K. Locke - 31-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Joe Plummer Teaches Tragedy and Hope 101 Lauren Johnson 1 7,732 26-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  killing hope Bernice Moore 0 2,586 19-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  The Last Circle by Carol Marshall Magda Hassan 1 4,851 07-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt