Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Prisoner Leonard Peltier is Up for Parole This Month. Please support his release.
Political Prisoner Leonard Peltier is Up for Parole This Month

[Image: leonard-peltier.jpg]
“I AM but a common man, I am not a speaker but I have spoken. I am not all that tall, but I have stood up. I am not a philosopher or poet or a singer or any of those things that particularly inspire people, but the one thing that I am is the evidence that this country lied when they said there was justice for all… I am just a common man and I am evidence that the powers that put me here would like to sweep under the carpet. The same way they did all of our past leaders, warriors and people they massacred. Just as at Wounded Knee, the Fifth Cavalry sought its revenge for Custer’s loss and massacred some 300 Indian men women and children, then gave out 23 Medals of Honor and swept the evidence of their wrongdoing aside… I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in this prison. And I don’t want you to spend the rest of your life in some prison of the mind, heart or attitude. I want you to enjoy your life.
If nothing else give somebody a hug for me and say, ‘This is from Leonard.’”
In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,
Leonard Peltier

NOTE: Read Leonard Peltier’s full June 26 statement. Peltier is up for parole on July 28. His supporters and friends have launched a letter-writing campaign to support his release from prison after 34 years.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Political Prisoner Leonard Peltier is Up for Parole This Month. Please support his release. - by Magda Hassan - 02-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The World's Most Important Political Prisoner David Guyatt 42 30,237 19-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Manson Denied Parole Albert Doyle 2 3,870 15-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  Whitehall anger over Mongolian spy chief release Carsten Wiethoff 0 3,239 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  New Film Vindicates Political Prisoner Abu-Jamal Peter Lemkin 0 3,406 15-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin