Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Ventura's JFK Conspiracy Program
Jim,

I was NOT commenting upon Governor Ventura's program. You are conflating my criticism of the "Mastermind" book with an evaluation of JV's show that simply never was offered.

Therefore your previous post is wholly unwarranted and without relevance to my commentary which is included in your most recent attempt at rebuttal.

And by the way, you did not "piss me off." Given my respect for you, I'm not sure you could.

But you have disappointed me by failing to understand our differences vis a vis Nelson's book -- differences that most assuredly are not semantical in nature.

It's all about the "mastermind" argument. Please try to grasp my strong objections to it.

Here's another way in: Compare the key title words chosen by Douglass and Nelson for their respective JFK books: "Unspeakable" and "Mastermind".

The former is poetic, chilling, thought-provoking. It begs understanding, and in so doing it provokes the deepest study and contemplation. It challenges, enlightens, and, if moderately appreciated, bestows the benediction of all-but-hidden knowledge and insight. For the love of God, it leads us to Thomas Merton.

The latter is the stuff of pulp fiction. It provokes cartoon images of Snideley Whiplash, Mini-Me, and Lex Luthor. Far from ushering the Great Unwashed into the realm of truth, it trivializes both the man we honor and respect with our work and the world-historic event that took him from us. It leads us to Tom and Jerry.

Your argument is reminiscent of the utterly discredited "listening to jazz/rock will lead the masses to Armstrong, Ellington, Parker, and Coltrane (now that's a law firm for you!)" canard put forward by the money changers to mitigate their cultural butchery.

The neophytes whose perceptions we are honor-bound to inform will come away from "Mastermind" not with an elegantly simple understanding of the basic deep political reality as it manifests in JFK's murder, but rather with a simple-minded, coverup-supporting, wholly fictional world view predicated on the intentional mis-identification of LBJ as a Kennedy assassination sponsor.

Nonetheless,

In solidarity,

Charles

Messages In This Thread
Jesse Ventura's JFK Conspiracy Program - by Charles Drago - 21-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Alt.Conspiracy.JFK Google Group Brian Doyle 0 312 21-11-2023, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 493 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 626 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 458 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 510 15-03-2023, 11:34 AM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald Pt. 1 & 2 Gil Jesus 0 469 08-03-2023, 01:28 PM
  JFK Conspiracy for Younger Generations Cliff Varnell 1 2,683 02-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  JFK and Far Right Conspiracy Rhetoric Jim DiEugenio 4 9,026 02-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  rootclaim - Estimating the Probability of Conspiracy vs. LHO Acted Alone Bill Fite 11 9,740 29-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  Fuel for conspiracy theories -- The horror! The horror! Joseph McBride 8 8,456 19-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin