Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The UK Telegaph reacts to the Richard Falk case: "UN Human Rights Official Claims 9-11 Was US Plot"
Paul Rigby Wrote:What Jan omitted to mention is that all journos at the BBC are subject to MI5 vetting: MI5 has long had - presumably still does - an office within the BBC for precisely this purpose. There is abundant evidence that anyone considered "unsound" suffers at the BBC, either being re-routed into safer areas, denied promotion(s), or simply dumped. Why anyone with an ounce of genuine commitment to free speech and independent investigation would persist with such an appalling organization is, frankly, baffling.

I "omitted" to mention it because it's been discussed many times on DPF, by myself and others. As you very well know.

The fact that the deep state attempts to control output, through such means as vetting by intelligence services, does not mean that it succeeds in controlling the thoughts, actions and output of all BBC employees.

I have on several occasions provided examples, from first hand experience and accounts told me by other journalists and documentary makers, of how editorial interference occurs.

However, I have personally been involved in getting good and important work broadcast to millions of people around the world when I was employed by the BBC, so your position is - quite simply - an overstatement of the reality.

Paul Rigby Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:A journalist such as Robert Fisk, employed by an MSM newspaper - The Independent -is not, in my judgement, owned by any intelligence agency.
Fisk was one of a number of journalists who left N. Ireland after MI5 routed MI6 in the savage war (chiefly of proxy) in the mid-1970s. Coincidence? And if The Independent really was what it says on the masthead, it wouldn't last a minute.

So, Paul, are you stating that Robert Fisk was an MI6 or MI5 asset in the 1970s?

Are you further claiming that Fisk is still an asset of British intelligence?

Would you suggest that his copy is vetted by British intelligence?
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
The UK Telegaph reacts to the Richard Falk case: "UN Human Rights Official Claims 9-11 Was US Plot" - by Jan Klimkowski - 08-02-2011, 12:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jeffrey Sachs vs Richard Haass Tracy Riddle 1 5,041 23-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Human Rights Watch propaganda Magda Hassan 0 2,714 14-11-2014, 12:28 AM
  Richard Haas Kenneth Kapel 1 2,443 24-09-2014, 03:13 PM
  Wikileaks releases copy of suppression order on publication of international corruption case Magda Hassan 5 4,467 01-08-2014, 02:34 AM
  50th Anniversary Civil Rights Act Albert Doyle 0 2,060 10-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  American Delusions - Richard Raznikov Tracy Riddle 0 2,333 26-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Iran Calls Video Games Part Of CIA Plot Ed Jewett 1 2,568 26-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Wall Street Journal circulation scam claims senior Murdoch executive Magda Hassan 1 3,030 13-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Screenshots of Mail Online made up events. Knox case Magda Hassan 0 2,931 05-10-2011, 12:09 AM
  British Plot to oust Afghan president Magda Hassan 0 2,458 31-08-2011, 01:10 PM