Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘The Nazis Wanted Oil, and the Arabs had it’ - A complex path and history.....
A yes, Lawrence of Arabia....hats off to him for having learned to speak Arabic fluently. Damn him for all else. Few then and fewer today know he was a spy and covert operative, not an arabicist and on the side of the Arabs, generally. He was working for the Empire against the Turks and for the OIL and power or Empire. Hollywood, of course, made a lovely film, totally mis-portraying his real intentions and who he was working for.

I posted the original article and the thread to show how much more complex are the current and historical issues vis-a-vis the problems in the Middle East. For the best visual summary of how Britain behaved during their occupation of Palestine and Trans-Jordan, I'd strongly suggest the TV series called 'The Promise' - IMO historically accurate, heartrending and brings it right up to the current day in a very clever manner.

Yes, the Jews were less than welcome in many places other than Germany [my grandparents all fled the pogroms of the Russians at the turn end of the 19th C. to the USA - having watched their family and friends killed, raped, tortured by Cossacks and other soldiers only because they were Jews]. The Nazis carried it to the extreme, I'm sure most agree...but their original idea was to ship the Jews to Madagascar....then changed it to Palestine and then to the 'Work and Death Camps'. Many countries that came under Axis influence or domination [not all!] were more than happy to go along with the SS plans to ship the Jews [and others considered undesirable, such as the Roma - and others] wherever - as long as it was 'out'.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
‘The Nazis Wanted Oil, and the Arabs had it’ - A complex path and history..... - by Peter Lemkin - 30-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coronaviris Pandemic - an inflection point in human history? Peter Lemkin 32 27,171 19-06-2020, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Everything they taught you about history.......was......WRONG!! [mostly by omission] Howard Zinn Peter Lemkin 0 3,652 02-03-2019, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  When history Harry Dean 1 10,560 17-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  New History Channel Series "Hunting Hitler" Drew Phipps 23 30,551 14-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The 'truthiness' of politicized history Tracy Riddle 2 5,475 27-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  1941 article from Click magazine on US funding of Nazis Tracy Riddle 7 7,952 22-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Putin says England and France responsible for Nazis march into Europe. David Guyatt 1 3,304 07-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Nazis and how did dinosaurs get miles under the earth. David Guyatt 7 6,082 30-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Ike helped build the military-industrial complex Tracy Riddle 3 4,902 28-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Noam Chomsky: Humanity Imperiled - The Path to Disaster Adele Edisen 0 2,629 06-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen