Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Explosion Reported at Boston Marathon's Finish Line
Magda Hassan Wrote:Without doubt there has been a huge militarisation of the police in many places around the world. Not just the US. The UK is now getting water cannons to keep the hoi polloi off the streets. Berkley in California has APCs etc to use against university occupying students. Drones for 'crime fighting' are on their way. The MIC is the only 'viable' economy left. Huge amounts of money have been have been poured into it in recent years. Military Keynesism. War on others and war on citizens is now a business model. It is surprising that some one as knowledgeable as your friend cannot see this clearly. Even if the Homeland Security bullets are a right wing conspiracy the rest of it remains fact.

I did write him a detailed reply just now and will look forward to his response. I hate to say it but back when we were a couple- 75-77 - I sometimes felt that Harv was involved in this because he loved being onstage and
getting paid by colleges around the country. He also utilized his great sense of humor for comic relief. But...even though it was something we "shared", we really didn't. AIB was also quite sexist, save for Carl (Oglesby) and the research director Jim Kostmam. It was a boys club and when we socialized with our significant other it was rather expected that the women would go off and have girl talk while the guys talked about the case.

Then after HSCA Harvey never kept up with any aspect of the case. Only Carl did. Harv and I have remained close friends all these years but it's best if I go along with his liberal Democratic views. Obama is good, Bush is bad. So to read the term "critical thinking" so often in that email made me sad. I have been trying to get him to watch the forty minute talk by Naomi Wolf -The End of America- for over five years now.
I just noticed a one sentence reply asking if "MSM" is the same as MSNBC. Ye gads. Baby steps. :banghead:
Dawn

But I do love the guy. And he can always make me laugh.

Messages In This Thread
Breaking: Explosion Reported at Boston Marathon's Finish Line - by Dawn Meredith - 19-05-2013, 07:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explosion and building collapse in Manhattan Magda Hassan 1 3,257 12-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Lockdown USA: Lessons From the Boston Marathon Manhunt David Guyatt 0 2,802 19-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Volgograd explosion Magda Hassan 8 5,975 01-01-2014, 09:23 AM
  The CIA Handler to the Boston Bombing? David Guyatt 5 6,227 30-05-2013, 10:15 AM
  A large explosion has damaged a building in the centre of the Czech capital Prague. David Guyatt 5 4,602 29-04-2013, 04:12 PM
  Boston Bernice Moore 1 3,346 15-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Officer Died at Explosion of Nuclear Object in Romania Magda Hassan 3 5,204 14-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Minor explosion in Davos hotel, nobody hurt Magda Hassan 1 2,791 28-01-2011, 12:16 PM