Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon
Magda Hassan Wrote:This is fascinating stuff Jan. I had no idea. The Germans also had New Guinea for a while and they were not missed by the local population when that colony was confiscated after WW1 and handed to Australia to 'administer'. I am not aware of any such happenings there but there are certainly no happy memories and much cruelty. The whole trial run type thing is pretty spooky. And I don't think they have gone away just gone quiet and work in different ways. The whole 'elite' type thinking and being afraid of the masses.

The truth is that the root of genocide is the concept of a master race, of "pure" blood, of "good" blood and "bad" blood.

Racial hygiene. The phrase says it all.

Exterminate, eliminate black, gypsy, slav, Jew blood.

The root is eugenics.

And eugenics, perfection of the blood, is a deep secret sine qua non of the ruling elites.

They believe Their blood is superior.

They know that They cannot say this openly.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon - by Jan Klimkowski - 04-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tribute to Blacklisted Lyricist Yip Harburg: The Man Who Put the Rainbow in The Wizard of Oz Peter Lemkin 0 3,758 29-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Vineland by Thomas Pynchon Jan Klimkowski 1 2,965 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  New Pynchon August4th: 40% chance of horsetraders/VHF TV managers 20% chance of Manson Nathaniel Heidenheimer 1 3,191 21-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer