Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics
Rolf Zaeschmar Wrote:
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:... why did we just not invade Cuba, this is something that I have thought about for a long time.

Me too. One salient fact is that after the Bay of Pigs the US never seriously threatened Castro's hold on power, though the pinprick raids and the economic sabotage efforts continued for decades. Why not? They overthrew dozens of governments in the interim, but not Cuba. In some "deep state" kind of way, I suspect the powers that be quietly decided Cuba was more valuable to them as a communist nation. Remember that Castro himself seized power with the assistance of the CIA.

This should not be a surprise now as it was not a surprise then. Here is a direct quote from my father in the 70's. "or even like that small island 90 miles off the coast of Florida run by a puppet with a beard in what is a mock drama presumably by the communist party for our benefit."

Can leopards really change their spots? Nixon, while under Eisenhower did support the Bay of Pigs, created Operation 40 and wanted to topple Castro, but, when he came to power Nixon also had a change of heart, just as Kennedy did, the question is why? My father's group along with the Commandos L and Accion Revolucionaria Democatica demanded from President Richard M. Nixon the release from jail Orlando Bosch and all other Cuban exiles who are in United States prisons. By the way, Nixon did release Bosch from prison, that is because Ed Kaiser did threaten Nixon on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, and no one in the public knew about this.

So, the question is, why would Nixon have a change of heart if all the anti-Castro Cubans had high hopes with Nixon in office? Now, you're getting to understand what Watergate was truly about. Believe me or not, however, Kennedy did ask Bundy to place the call to have the CIA stand down. The second airstrikes were never going to come within the island of Cuba, because Kennedy didn't really want to get involved in this war, he did however want Castro ousted, so what does Kennedy do? The flight to and from Puerto Cabezas was too much of a strain on the B-26's, but what good would they have done on the ground in Cuba on some air strip? They would have been sitting ducks, like shooting fish in a barrel.

Quote:That makes sense. The Cuban air strikes quickly became a topic at the UN, where the "plausible deniability" of US involvement was slipping badly. And it certainly could not have survived another round if future air strikes could not positively have been traced to Cuba itself.

This was tried before a theory could be birthed from an attack within, and it was quickly interrupted by Adlai Stevenson, or have you forgotten?

Messages In This Thread
On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics - by Scott Kaiser - 20-08-2016, 07:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John T Martin: Filmed on same reel: Edwin Walker's Home, Oswald NOLA Leaflets Distribution Tom Scully 1 2,461 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  All About Edwin Kaiser Peter Lemkin 6 8,625 23-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Oswald's and Kaiser's Phone Books Scott Kaiser 10 7,527 31-03-2017, 11:15 PM
  Gen. Walker related to the Bushes? Richard Coleman 5 4,835 13-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Edwin Walker Collection Tracy Riddle 2 3,403 18-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  JVB vs Scott Kaiser Scott Kaiser 149 43,687 07-02-2016, 03:11 AM
  "The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date Charles Drago 31 24,390 07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Bugliosi vs Scott Kaiser Scott Kaiser 4 3,755 25-02-2015, 07:13 PM
  General Edwin "Ted" Walker Drew Phipps 9 6,894 01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Edwin Kaiser's address book and Oswald Magda Hassan 8 7,343 30-04-2014, 04:17 PM