Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics
Drew Phipps Wrote:I'm guessing "dementia" was also the reason Dulles went to the bookstore (or the CIA copy shop) and purchased copies of a ten year old book that concluded that lone nuts were the most likely assassins, and then delivered a copy to each member of the Warren Commission at their first meeting on 12/16/63?

1. LOL Drew.

You might have added, Dulles more or less ran the WC. Walt Brown came to hat conclusion after studying the volumes in detail. He was also very active behind the scenes i covering up certain aspects of both Oswald's life and the Baron's career. He then became a vociferous defender of the cover up he helped construct. He was pretty sharp and energetic in that debate with Lifton, although he lost on points since the facts were not on his side.

2. Varnell has heard all of this stuff about Zapata before. Because its been gone through at Spartacus. SO he comes over here and recycles the same old stuff he could not sell there.

Dulles always said he did not want to cancel that engagement in Puerto Rico, because it would draw attention to itself and give away a hint that something was coming.

But in reality, can you imagine what would have happened if Dulles had done what Varnell wanted him to? In other words, once the thing was a disaster he was supposed to go to the oval office and tell Kennedy he had to commit American forces.

Something like this would likely have ensued, because everyone near JFK said they had never seen him so upset before:

AD: Sir, the invasion is collapsing on every front. We must commit Burke's naval force.

JFK: What about the defections you promised me would come at a 25 per cent rate?

AD: They are not there. At all.

JFK: But what about the surprise element?

AD: It did not work. There was a police force on duty.

JFK: But you said there would not be a police force at Playa Giron.

AD: Well, we were wrong. Castro has launched a counter attack already.

JFK:But you said there would not be a counterattack until days later.

AD: Well, we were wrong.

JFK: What about going guerrilla?

AD: Its 85 miles through swamp to get to the mountains. And most of the men did not get guerrilla training.

JFK: What? You mean everything that i used to OK this mission was wrong!

AD: Yes. Now go ahead and send in the Marines since that is what I snookered you into!

Allen Dulles was too clever to do something like that. So he let others do it for him. If not JFK would have probably fired him right then and there.

3. Finally, as per Kinzer, boy is he lucky we did not review his book. Talbot warned me in advance about how bad it was on the Bay of Pigs, and the WC proceedings. He said as far as JFK and Dulles, it was a big Nothingburger. And it is.

Anyone who can take Burke seriously and Bill Bundy seriously on Dulles's mental condition in 1961-63 is not to be trusted. Burke was one of the guys who JFK eased out after Zapata, he later joined an anti Castro group organized by the Luces. Allen Dulles saved Bill Bundy's career from McCarthy, since he had been targeted by Tailrunner Joe as a commie. If Varnell would have read Talbot's much more credible and candid bio on Allen Dulles he might have learned that.

Messages In This Thread
On Edwin Kaiser and Related Topics - by Jim DiEugenio - 27-08-2016, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John T Martin: Filmed on same reel: Edwin Walker's Home, Oswald NOLA Leaflets Distribution Tom Scully 1 2,460 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  All About Edwin Kaiser Peter Lemkin 6 8,625 23-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Oswald's and Kaiser's Phone Books Scott Kaiser 10 7,523 31-03-2017, 11:15 PM
  Gen. Walker related to the Bushes? Richard Coleman 5 4,834 13-02-2017, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  The Edwin Walker Collection Tracy Riddle 2 3,400 18-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  JVB vs Scott Kaiser Scott Kaiser 149 43,685 07-02-2016, 03:11 AM
  "The Package" -- The Most Important JFK Assassination-Related Film to Date Charles Drago 31 24,386 07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Bugliosi vs Scott Kaiser Scott Kaiser 4 3,753 25-02-2015, 07:13 PM
  General Edwin "Ted" Walker Drew Phipps 9 6,892 01-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Edwin Kaiser's address book and Oswald Magda Hassan 8 7,343 30-04-2014, 04:17 PM