Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consciousness and the Problem of the Shadow - The House of the Gathering
If I was called to analyze this dream, I would speculate that some part of you might be wondering whether or not to be afraid of the pent-up ("finally") forces that might be unleashed ("beat someone up") upon the revelation of certain facts or truths about America ("native American chief") by virtue of your ("friend" "credit") contributions, perhaps on this website.

Or, perhaps I am just projecting my own worries, to which I freely admit.

Jung might argue that, as Americans, we collectively consign our fears and worries about what might underlie the bright and friendly country that we wish to inhabit to our "unconscious", creating a dangerous collective "shadow."
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
Consciousness and the Problem of the Shadow - The House of the Gathering - by Drew Phipps - 26-02-2015, 06:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Archetype of the Shadow David Guyatt 50 78,478 04-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  On the nature of the Shadow David Guyatt 2 4,328 16-01-2009, 06:29 PM
  Jung, alchemy and the "Shadow" David Guyatt 0 3,539 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM