Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Levenda's new book...
I've now finished Levenda's The Dark Lord and it has been fascinating and informative reading. Levenda is very obviously knowledgeable and experienced in aspects of Crowley's Thelema based religion as well as Grants's system as well. I've come away from the book knowing and understanding a great more about these two than I previously had.

I also came away alarmed.

Both Crowley and Grant, in my view, are entirely wrong headed - and yet both have considerable followings. Both focused their entire occult systems on sexual techniques - sex magick (1) - as a means of gathering the necessary energy (usually described as "power") in order to thrust their consciousness into what Grant called the Mauve zone (what used to be called astral travelling). The difference between them and others, so far as I can judge, is that they actively pursued knowledge of the dark/negative side of creation - hence the "Dark Lord". And again, so far as I can judge, the results they obtained confirmed their expectations. No surprises there, then.

It is true that anyone who operates in this area, sooner or later, does have to confront and absorb their own shadow (2). Doing so results in that part of the life energy (libido) that streams through one that has hitherto been siphoned off by the shadow is ultimately recovered and becomes available for positive use. That, combined with the cleansing technique that Israel Regardie called the Middle Pillar exercise (the circulation of light), plus other techniques including breathing, focusing and concentration exercises etc., all combine with the use of what Jung called "Active Imagination" are patiently developed over an extended period of time, for the purpose of accessing "that place between sleep and awake" that was described by J M Barrie in his book Peter Pan.

That realm is neither here, nor there, and neither then or now. It is alien but also world-like. The golden rules when travelling to this "far abroad" is to be polite and considerate, patient and questioning. Open doors when confronted with them. Ask questions of the intelligences you meet. Again politely, even when the answers you may receive are abrupt. The face you present is the face you will meet.

Untold numbers have been visitors in that land. Far more than is ever realized.

I have never before spoken so openly about these things before for obvious reasons. It is a subject that is very easily misunderstood and misinterpreted. But times are changing. The whole purpose underlying this is to become more conscious and more individually responsible for who you are. Recovering energy from the personal Shadow has the added benefit of marginally reducing the energy available to the Collective Shadow, simply because the latter is the aggregation of all the former. This is why Jung said that "man is the origin of all coming evil" and that "the only real danger that exists is man himself. He is the great danger". Many people are aware of the fact that Crowley called himself the Beast and ascribed to himself the number "666" using Gematria. That number as most of us know biblically is said to e the number of the Devil. However, far fewer people are aware that the number 666 is actually the number of man.

Use of the occult techniques of power as exemplified by Crowley and Grant are, for me, abusive, dangerous, unnecessary and for the most part for entirely the wrong motives. Use of what are usually referred to as lower techniques: sex magick and drugs etc., to reach these ends are, as Levenda rightly points out dangerous - often very dangerous - because conscious control is relinquished and because it is quite likely that an unbalanced - even a marginally unbalanced - personality will be further tipped into neurotic - and God forbid, possibly even psychotic behaviours. Whomsoever teaches dangerous techniques to another who then falls into these ways bears a considerable degree of responsibility for the outcome. Their card will be marked.

Besides this, there is really no need to proceed with such brute force when far more controlled and sympathetic means and measures are available. Only impatience and imprudence would permit such trespassing. Properly trained and schooled, the time and experiences spent in the there and then can be safely brought back to the here and now under control --- for slow absorption and digestion. Digestion will take many, many years to achieve. Decades, probably.

I hope the foregoing is of use to someone. God knows who though. :Shrug:

(1) If not sex, then the use of drugs etc., could be used in place of the sex rite.
(2) This is considerably different to dealing with the Collective Shadow, however - a much more dangerous and ill considered idea.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Kara Dellacioppa - 08-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Lauren Johnson - 08-03-2016, 04:02 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Peter Lemkin - 08-03-2016, 05:39 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 08-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 08-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 12-03-2016, 06:00 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by R.K. Locke - 13-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 14-03-2016, 12:02 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Kara Dellacioppa - 14-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Kara Dellacioppa - 14-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Kara Dellacioppa - 14-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by R.K. Locke - 15-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Kara Dellacioppa - 15-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Magda Hassan - 15-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 15-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 15-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 15-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 15-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by Tracy Riddle - 15-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by R.K. Locke - 16-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 16-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Peter Levenda's new book... - by David Guyatt - 17-03-2016, 04:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My "Surviveandheal15" 10-Book Recommended Reading List George Williams 0 2,735 24-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: George Williams
  Did anyone ever make a kid's book about the JFK assassination? Carsten Wiethoff 5 3,694 17-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Book search // The Garrison enquiry: Truth & consequences: Joachim Joesten Alex Cruceru 3 11,270 31-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New Book On JFK and Who QJ/WIN might have been Peter Lemkin 9 21,093 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dallas Conspiracy by Peter Dale Scott Peter Lemkin 1 11,242 16-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Given the author, I will certainly look into this book... Peter Lemkin 2 16,161 09-07-2017, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Sibel Edmonds’ new book, 'Classified Woman' Magda Hassan 3 13,992 26-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Doug Valentine's New Book - CIA as Organized Crime Peter Lemkin 3 20,308 24-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  New Book: "From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime” by Elizabeth Hinton Drew Phipps 0 4,498 19-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  The Rockefeller File (not new): Book divulges 'shocking' and 'frightening' secrets about the Rockefe Drew Phipps 0 3,687 18-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps