Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit and British Member Of Parliament Murdered
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Drew Phipps Wrote:CNN predicting Brexit vote will be for leaving. Last published count "leave" has 51.46%. Christina Amapour CNN from London said the vote was surprising "in light of the murder of Jo Cox one week ago" as if the events were linked...or were supposed to have been perceived as such.

As I write, the vote for leaving is nearing 53% - a surprise to most and sending a shiver down the collective spine of European polity and World finance. I think the average voter for leaving was as much saying 'fuck the Establishment for fucking up my own life' inside of the UK as they were making a cogent statement on the institution of the EU or the UK within it. It really is going to shake things up in Europe and the World...exactly how is not completely clear - but I predict a lot.

It looks definite. Leaving. The stock market is plummeting even here. Pound crashing. Gold up and up. While some Commonwealth politicians are already offering trade deals with the UK citizens here is Oz are talking about leaving the Commonwealth and having a Republic. Occupied Ireland are looking to join the rest of Ireland as they want to remain in the EU. With Scotland. So it looks like there will be another vote for Scottish independence. We are living in interesting times. I expect David Cameron to lose his job and a new Boris Johnson PM soon. Followed by a Labour government soon after. It would be good if the UK could keep the good bits of the EU (human rights and worker protections) even if they chuck the rest but I am not so sure that is on the table. The UK will be fine. Switzerland does okay with out it. But I wonder about the viability of the EU. Some in Holland are already jostling to get a referendum. Greece came close before and may revisit it.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Brexit and British Member Of Parliament Murdered - by Magda Hassan - 24-06-2016, 07:24 AM