Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!!
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 84%"]

Trump City: This Recurring Nightmare

By Arlan Ebel [Image: bosch23-jpg_504145_20161111-715.jpg]
[/TD]
[TD="width: 16%"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Hell City
(image by Hieronymus Bosch) License DMCA
I speak here for no one but myself. No complicity.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just because Trump isn'tlooking for war with Russia or any other nation (at this time) and wants to'bring jobs back to America' doesn't mean that his intentions are anythingremotely benevolent. He just doesn't want to die in a nuclear war and his brandof capitalist authoritarianism requires that people have jobs. Trump may wellbe the man who finally shows you just how depraved capitalism really is.
I know a very rich man whoenthusiastically supported and voted for Trump. This man is a medical doctorand he once told me that he thinks there should be no medical facilities forprisoners in American prisons. He said it is a waste of time and money and ismorally wrong. He said that people held in prisons don't deserve medicaltreatment and he has no problem with them just being left to die. No, I am notmaking this up. He really said it and meant it. And if you met him he would probablyseem to you to be a very ordinary man who happens to have lots of money.
I asked him once what we shoulddo about certain super-rich people who financially exploit, cheat, andsometimes ruin the lives of other people. He said he didn't have any idea whatwe should do about it and didn't care because "that's life." He said he thinksTrump is perhaps the man to make it possible for America to finally realize itstrue potential. I didn't ask him what he meant by that, but knowing that heequates 'morality' with making money, I had a pretty good idea.

Trumprepresents a certain type of maverick venal power-decadence that the USA hasalways been fascinated with and that can look like anyone from CorneliusVanderbilt to Al Capone. It is in part the fantasy fascination of the ordinaryfrightened little clockwork conformist with the seemingly fearless daring ofthe opportunist who just takes what he wants with a perpetually grinningabsence of compunction. A fascinating cavalier 'freedom'. And the USA has always had arather immature and undeveloped idea of freedom. It's a stunted freedomthat is always held by the chains of some form of venality. 'Americans' areprofoundly vulnerable to this. Is the rise of Trump a sign of entrance into anew age of secretly idolized super-robber barons and super-gangsters who havegovernment complicity? The Age of American Capitalist Feudalism. It's a veryreal possibility.
I see many people gazing on thealienating spectacle of President Trump and angrily longing for the days whenit seemed that Bernie Sanders was bringing a genuinely moral 'revolution'. Letme address this issue of Sanders one more time and be done with it.
Sanders claimed in his primaryrun to be standing up against the oligarchs who are closely connected with aman such as Trump because they are connected with anything that has to do withbig money. Sanders laid out his stance in terms of insurance companies,bankers, college tuition, and other domestic issues and called out theoligarchs on the unfairness of their practices in these areas. Now it caneasily be demonstrated that the real essence of the oligarch agenda lies in itsglobal-hegemony project. All of the oligarch domesticpractices and policies in the USA are just the consequence of this largeragenda. So the place to shoot for the kill in the attack on oligarchs is herein the heart of oligarch agenda: foreign policy. Take out the oligarch foreign policy and thedomestic policy will necessarily dissolve. But if you try to take out thedomestic policy without addressing the foreign policy then you will get hopelesslytangled up in bureaucratic bull sh-t so deep that you'll be lucky to escapewith any sanity because that's all the domestic domain is in the oligarchicsystem: bottomless bureaucratic bull sh-t. That is its design.
If Sanders had attacked theoligarchy in its heart of foreign policy everything else wouldhave followed like falling dominoes. Take out the oligarch foreign policy andit becomes easy to address the domestic-policy issues. So why didn't Sanders dothis? Why didn't he repeatedly and passionately raise the issue of the oligarchforeign policy that was turning domestic USA into an economic nightmare as wellas threatening the rest of the world? Why? Because he wasn't against that foreignpolicy. He never once challenged that foreign policy in general. Therewere details in that foreign policy that he questioned, but more than 95percent of the time he supported that foreign policy. And he never explained toanyone the rationale of opposing the oligarchs in domestic policy andsupporting them in foreign policy because no one openly challenged Sanders onthis blatant contradiction in his campaign message. So he got away withit.
Sanders was never reallystanding against the oligarchy in any essential way. He was merely 'demanding'that the oligarchy be somehow more 'compassionate' in the domestic consequencesof its larger agenda, which he never even considered challenging. Sanders waslike a 'soft-hearted' mid-level Mafia flunky who feels sorry for the ordinarypeople in the neighborhood who are subject to the Mafia tyranny. So he'demands' that the goons be more gentle when they go to collect. But he neveraddresses the larger Mafia policies because he knows if he does he will soon beon the bottom of the East River sporting a new pair of cement shoes. And whenthe goons finally take soft-hearted Bernie into the back room and ask, "You gotta problem, Bernie? Don Giordano wants to know if you gottaproblem. You gotta problem?" Bernie says, "Who me? Hey, Don Giordano knows I'm a true patriot. Look how long Ibeen holdin' up that F-35! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha..." And Bruno says, "Hey, Bernie we're real glad to hear that,Bernie Little Buddy. You can go back home now, Gumba. And tell your wife,Hello, personal from Don Giordano."
Bernie'sokay for a mid-level Mafia flunky; but a game-changer, a revolutionary? Not evenclose. Forget Bernie, he won't be hanging around the neighborhood much anymore.
Now what exactly is PresidentTrump's relationship with Don Giordano? Ah, the question of the hour.
Mafia policy is always that youmake the people think that Don Giordano is the people's best friend; and anyonewho doesn't buy this is the enemy of the people and needs some new shoes. Sothe goal here will be to make Don Trump the neighborhood reflection of DonGiordano. President Trump the Pop Icon of the Oligarchy. The thing to alwayskeep in mind is that Trump is a Capitalist down to his very bone molecules.This means that he takes hierarchy for granted and will 'fire' anyone who evenremotely questions hierarchy and Trump's place in the hierarchy. It also meansthat Trump will do anything and everything to ensure that minimally regulatedcapitalist hierarchy remains the essence and superstructure of the USA. Butwhat exactly does Trump see as his place in the hierarchy? Can Trump toleratehaving a BOSS? Yes, but only if he knows that the BOSS can and willkick his ass. Trump doesn't want a bullet in the brain or some new shoesany more than he wants to die in a hurricane of hydrogen heat. But Trump can'tfunction well unless he has some real power and real access to the 'you'refired' button. Don Giordano will give such power to Trump if Trump serves thecause. And this means that eventually Trump will have to find his proper placein the oligarch agenda of global hegemony. So what about Russia andChina?
Trump says that he doesn't wantmilitary war with Russia, but he does intend to declare economic war on China. Solook for Trump to go against the former (Clinton) military war plan and to playup warm relations with Russia for the purpose of economic war on China. Trump will'peacefully' invade the New Silk Road via relations with Russia and in themeantime look like he is focusing his sincere concern mostly on the domesticissues in the US. But he will maintain the accelerating military budget becausehis peace with Russia is not about real peace. It is about the shift in theoligarchic global plans for global hegemony away from the old war-horse Hillaryto the new peace-war-horse Trump. So, look for the anti-Russian propaganda tobe replaced by a massive 'peaceful' and 'righteous' anti-China propaganda inTrump's presidency. China will be the new enemy. The roar of the propagandatsunami will be deafening and the peaceful US will remain ever-ready to jumpright back onto the war horse.

But if Russia doesn't buy intothe Trump/oligarch friendship-ruse then what will Don Giordano do? He alwayshas the military option to return to. But whatever he does, Trump does not andwill never represent a real peace offer. The goal is still global hegemony.
Unless it is clearly beneficialto the oligarch agenda, there will be no Clinton/Obama prosecution. There willbe no new 9/11 investigation. Relations with Saudi Arabia and Israel will bedownplayed but not ended. Turkey will be put on a short leash. There will be nofurther attempt to topple Assad, and Trump will reach out to Iran. There willbe an attempt to draw Russia into closer ties with Europe and to separate itmore and more from China. And all of this will have the goal of returning'America' to the role of the good guy in the global drama.
Are there contradictions inthis plan? Obviously there are. But when have there not been contradictions inthe global-hegemony project? Putin proved to be too resilient and resourcefuland determined and Hillary proved to be too transparently corrupt. So switchhorses. It doesn't matter which one of your horses crosses the finish linefirst.
And what will Don Giordano doabout all the internet-swarming, street-swarming anti-Trump sentiment on theyouthful and aging Left? He will activate cyber-tyranny to cut their lines ofcommunication and confront them in the street with militarized police as anti-Americansubversives. And he will appeal to the Russian cultural proclivity for socialorder in portraying this resistance as simply anti-social pathologyto the Russian observers. Will it work? That depends on how far theresistance is willing to go. If it eventually caves in as the 60's resistancedid then it will work for the goal of closing the fascist grip on America.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I keep having this nightmarishdream of finding myself in an ever-more strange and alienating city where thepeople are not friendly and seem to be almost not even human. I don't have anymoney to get home and I'm not even sure which direction home is. It is gettingdark and cold and I find the way to the edge of town and come upon this greathighway vanishing into the distant horizon. I see a sign that might indicatethe right direction for me to go. I know intuitively that no one will stop fora hitchhiker on this highway and that it might not turn out well for me even ifthey did stop. So I tell myself, "Well, start walking. You'll get thereeventually." I take a step and suddenly wake up feeling very lonely and need toremind myself of my real values and purpose. I get myself ready for the day. Igo outside to my car and suddenly stop and look around and I realize why I keephaving this dream: It's not a dream. This is the city of strangersthat is not my real home and that changes its surface, but just keeps repeatingthe same nightmare pattern until... Until what?
Ah, the question of history. Whereare we really going in this kaleidoscopic hi-tech carnival circleever-deepening toward death? Well, I don't know exactly, but I do see now thatyou can only have nightmares if you are asleep. Time to wake up and look aroundthis city. Unreal city. How do I stop your nightmare circling into darkness? Ah,now I see it. The city is my dream. Change myselfand the city must follow. And even if the other people don't wake upand change themselves then it is still my city if I am strong enough tohold it in myself. The nightmare city is my city and I say, "Time to wakeup. No more nightmare. I claim this city of expanding consciousness. If youwant to go on tracing the nightmare-circle city of Trumps and Clintons and DonGiordanos then that is your choice. It begins with you even if you are alone inthe nightmare city with no friends. And besides, when you wake up you arealways alone. But if you don't wake up then you don't even know how to recognizereal friends. Time to take the city for yourself and your real friends.
This is not primarily a matterof political beliefs or any beliefs at all. It's on a deeper level than that.It is a matter of what you are and what you are willing to become in order to actuallydestroy the nightmare social paradigms that imprison thesleepwalking hordes all over the globe. Donald Trump is the POTUS because theUS is a land of sleepwalkers who think that voting for whom you want to beabove you in the hierarchy is a sign of being awake. As long as the hierarchyis in place then there will always be someone above you. And if that someonewere really an ethical person that person would not be willing to be above you.The progressively anxious sleepwalkers don't want to hear it. Fine. Welcome to Trump City.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - by Peter Lemkin - 13-11-2016, 08:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,335 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,056 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism Marlene Zenker 0 3,453 13-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Tea Party Organizations Tied To Racist Hate Groups, et al. Peter Lemkin 0 3,166 21-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Racist Hollywood rediscovers the Yellow Peril Paul Rigby 0 3,103 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama appoints racist right-wing thug as chief of staff Paul Rigby 9 11,039 17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby