Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!!

FBI Chief James Comey Was Fired Days After Reportedly Seeking Resources for Russia Investigation

Posted on May 10, 2017
[Image: James_Comey_October_surprise_590.jpg]
James Comey, then FBI director, is sworn in before the House Judiciary Committee in September. (Pablo Martinez Monsivais / AP)

This post was originally published Tuesday.
Update: Wednesday, 8:45 a.m. PDT: New reports indicate that several days before being fired by President Trump, James Comey had asked the Justice Department for increased resources to aid in the FBI's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The New York Times writes:
Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Department's memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.
Mr. Comey then briefed members of Congress on the meeting in recent days.
The Times notes that this new evidence comes from "three officials with knowledge of his request."
Update: Tuesday, 4:29 p.m. PDT: Anthony Romero, head of the American Civil Liberties Union, and Edward Snowden, National Security Agency contractor-turned-whistleblower, both commented publicly about Comey's firing after the news broke. Romero offered his thoughts in a statement:
The independence of the FBI director is meant to ensure that the president does not operate above the law. For President Trump to fire the man responsible for investigating his own campaign's ties to the Russians imperils that fundamental principle.
Regardless of how one judges the performance of James Comey in either the Hillary Clinton or Russia investigations, President Trump's dismissal of a sitting FBI director raises serious alarm bells for our system of checks and balances.
The terms of FBI directors were purposefully structured to span across sitting presidents to ensure the FBI's independence and insulate the bureau from partisan politics. President Trump's dismissal of Comey raises questions about the administration's inappropriate meddling in bureau operations precisely at a time when the bureau appears to be investigating the president, his advisors, and his campaign for potential collusion with Russian agents in our last election.
Meanwhile, Snowden sounded off on President Trump's favoredplatformTwitter:
* * *He weathered a contentious election seasonto which he added no small measure of conflictand the tumultuous transition that ensued from the Obama administration to the Trump White House, but as of Tuesday, F.B.I. Director James Comey was obliged to step down from his post.
The reason? According to officials from the current regime, it once again came down to Hillary Clinton's infamous emails.
The New York Times relayed word that President Trump fired Comey over his handling of the investigation into the former secretary of state's use of a private email server for State Department-related communications
Mr. Comey was leading an investigation into whether members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election.
"While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the bureau," Mr. Trump said in a letter to Mr. Comey dated Tuesday.
"It is essential that we find new leadership for the F.B.I. that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission," Mr. Trump wrote.
Sen. Ron Wyden, Democrat of Oregon and a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a post on Twitter that Mr. Comey "should be immediately called to testify in an open hearing about the status of Russia/Trump investigation at the time he was fired."
The paper also reported that the newly installed Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein advised the president to oust Comey.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - by Peter Lemkin - 10-05-2017, 05:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,335 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,056 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism Marlene Zenker 0 3,453 13-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Tea Party Organizations Tied To Racist Hate Groups, et al. Peter Lemkin 0 3,166 21-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Racist Hollywood rediscovers the Yellow Peril Paul Rigby 0 3,103 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama appoints racist right-wing thug as chief of staff Paul Rigby 9 11,039 17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby