Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!!
If I had to compare the "cases" against Nixon, Reagan-Bush and Clinton against the "case" against Trump, I would say this Trump case is by far the most irrelevant.

At least, in the Clinton-Monica Lewinski case, Clinton actually did have something which he was trying to cover up although it was "just" basically (and arguably) a sexual harassment case.

In the case of Trump, so far we have not had a hint of anything which he would have reason to lie about or cover up. I'm talking about any ACTUAL CRIME with which he could personally be charged.

If there is nothing there for him to be hiding, then he can answer questions as long as he avoids a "perjury trap." He could avoid this by merely refusing to answer any questions like "what was said at that meeting?" He can truthfully say (to something like that) that he doesn't remember all the details and does not have access to a transcript.

What the media is missing is what happened in the case of Senator James O Eastland. When Eastland was being questioned under oath, he answered "I don't remember" 57 times. In the case of Eastland, this was a huge political blow against him. But it worked ok in the legal sense.

Apparently, answering "I don't remember" has the same result as "taking the Fifth."

Based on what I've seen, Comey, Mueller, Rosenstein, McCabe, Strzok and Page, and even FBI director Christopher Wray are basically "Keystone Cops" who are also the gang who can't shoot straight.

People who assume that Mueller (or any old prosecutor) can drum up an effective criminal case against anybody at any time, are selling short the legal process we have in our tradition and throughout our country.

Also, after consulting Real Clear Politics, I notice that Trump's approval rating is up to 43.5. This is up from being in the 30's most of his term. What will the Dems do if Trump starts being perceived and a martyr and begins drawing sympathy for his plight?

Since this "Trump Derangement Syndrome" seems to be a little like the citizens being in the backseat with a drunk driver at the wheel, I doubt that the Dems or Mueller can make good enough decisions to avoid a backfire of this whole situation.

James Lateer

Messages In This Thread
USA under presidency of a know-nothing, neo-fascist, racist, sexist, mobbed-up narcissist!! - by James Lateer - 02-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,332 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,055 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Charlie Hebdo fallout: Specter of fascist past haunts European nationalism Marlene Zenker 0 3,452 13-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Marlene Zenker
  Tea Party Organizations Tied To Racist Hate Groups, et al. Peter Lemkin 0 3,165 21-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Racist Hollywood rediscovers the Yellow Peril Paul Rigby 0 3,102 07-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama appoints racist right-wing thug as chief of staff Paul Rigby 9 11,037 17-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby