Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump
Paul Rigby Wrote:The FBI and CIA Failed Coup Against Trump Unravels

by Publius Tacitus

02 FEBRUARY 2018

http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_sempe....html#more

Quote:Based on the memo released today by the House Intelligence Committee (read it here), current and former members of the FBI and the Department of Justice who signed off on applications to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court will likely face contempt of court charges. Who? James Comey, Andy McCabe, Sally Yates, Dana Boente and Rob Rosenstein. The effectively lied to a Federal judge. That is not only stupid but illegal.

Here are the critical points from the Nunes memo that you should commit to memory.:
  • The Steele Dossier played a critical role in obtaining approval from the FISA court to carry out surveillance of Carter Page according to former FBI Deputy Director Andy McCabe.
  • Christopher Steele was getting paid by the DNC and the FBI for the same information.
  • No one at either the FBI nor the DOJ disclosed to the court that the Steele dossier was paid for by an opposition political campaign.
  • The first FISA warrant was obtained on 21 October 2016 based on a story written by Michael Isikoff for Yahoo News based on information he received directly from Christopher Steele--THE FBI DID NOT DISCLOSE IN THE FISA APPLICATION THAT STEELE WAS THE ORIGINAL SOURCE OF THE INFORMATION.
  • Christopher Steele was a long standing FBI "source" but was terminated as a source after telling Mother Jones reporter David Corn that he had a relationship with the FBI.
  • The FBI signers of the FISA applications/renewals were James Comey and Andy McCabe.
  • The DOJ signers of the FISA applications/renewals were Sally Yates, Dana Boente and Rod Rosenstein
  • Even after Steele was terminated by the FBI, he remained in contact with Deputy Attorney General Bruce Our, whose wife worked for FUSION GPS and was involved with the Steele dossier.

If you go back and read carefully what Isikoff reported in September 2016 it appears that the CIA and the DNI (as well as the FBI) are implicated in spreading the disinformation about Trump and Russia. Isikoff wrote:

U.S. intelligence officials are seeking to determine whether an American businessman identified by Donald Trump as one of his foreign policy advisers has opened up private communications with senior Russian officials including talks about the possible lifting of economic sanctions if the Republican nominee becomes president, according to multiple sources who have been briefed on the issue. . . .
But U.S. officials have since received intelligence reports that during that same three-day trip, Page met with Igor Sechin, a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister who is now the executive chairman of Rosneft, Russian's leading oil company, a well-placed Western intelligence source tells Yahoo News.

Who were the "intelligence officials" briefing the select members of the House and Senate? That will be one of the next shoes to drop. We are likely to learn in the coming days that John Brennan and Jim Clapper were also trying to help the FBI build a fallacious case against Trump.

The rats will start scrambling in earnest for the lifeboats. The Trump coup has failed.

The Nunes short story has already been shredded over the weekend. As I pointed out previously, Nunes was on Trump's transition team and was part of the whole "unmasking" fiasco last year, after which he supposedly recused himself from the Russia investigation. That turned out not to be true. But the subject of the surveillance, Carter Page, is a man who has been up Putin's ass for years. He lived in Russia, made speeches attacking the US from Russia, wrote in a letter in 2013: "Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin…"
http://time.com/5132126/carter-page-russia-2013-letter/

And it's surprising to anyone that this guy was under US surveillance? Officially, he left the Trump campaign in September 2013, and the first FISA warrant wasn't granted until October. So I don't know why Trump thinks this is an attack on him.

The memo itself (on page 4) actually states that the FBI investigation into Trump-Russia began in the summer of 2016 because of George Papadopolous, NOT because of the dossier.

"Officials familiar with the matter told The Washington Post and The New York Times that the DOJ made it clear to the court that information contained in a dossier they submitted as part of a FISA application to surveil Page was politically motivated."
http://www.businessinsider.com/nunes-mem...ked-2018-2

To those not familiar with the US legal system, it is a common practice of police and judges to rely on evidence that came from sources considered "biased" or having other motivations (such as drug dealers testifying against a mob boss, for example). This happens every friggin' day in US courts.

Democrats on the House Intel Committee say that the memo is lying about Andrew McCabe's still-unreleased testimony.

"Consider, first, the obvious timing problem. The Nunes memo begins with a FISA application dated October 21, 2016. That date is significant for a number of reasons. As an initial matter, coming less than 20 days before the election, it seems a particularly poor way of trying to influence the outcome of the election. A FISA application just a few days before November 9 would not actually have produced any evidence until well after the electionmaking Nunes' implicit charge of a corrupted investigation chronologically implausible. In addition, the focus on this date has to deal with the uncomfortable fact that the surveillance of Page it authorized started roughly a month after Page officially left the Trump campaignso, again, it is a poor way of effectuating a bias against Trump to collect evidence relating to the actions of a former campaign volunteer."
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...nse-216928

Even four Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee aren't buying the idea that The Memo exonerates Trump.

MARGARET BRENNAN: The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?
REP. TREY GOWDY: No not to me, it doesn't and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/04/583122003...-a-dossier

"Rep. Will Hurd, R-Texas, said Sunday he does not believe that the controversial Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act memo vindicates President Trump from special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin in the lead-up to the 2016 election. "I don't," Hurd told ABC when asked whether Trump and his former campaign aides were absolved from any problematic conduct in light of the memo being made public. "I don't agree with some of my colleagues that say, who are always using the word 'explosive.' I'm not shocked that elected officials are using hyperbole and exaggerations," the Texas Republican continued."
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/will-h...le/2648059

REP. CHRIS STEWART, R-UTAH, INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE: I think it would be a mistake for anyone to suggest that the special counsel shouldn't complete his work. I support his work. I want him to finish it. I hope he finishes it as quickly as possible. This memo has frankly nothing at all to do with a special counsel. It was one of the criticisms of people last week and before that who had never seen the memo who said, you know, this is to impugn the integrity and the work of the special counsel. As you know now, Chris, it has nothing to do with at all with that. They're very separate. I hope the special counsel will complete his work and work to the American people.
http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2018/0...-memo.html

"A Republican member of the House Intelligence Committee on Sunday said the release of a GOP memo detailing how the FBI used Democrat-funded information to snoop on one of President Trump's campaign aides is about government oversight not "vindication" for a White House besieged by probes into possible ties with Russia. "I think this is a separate issue," Rep. Brad Wenstrup, Ohio Republican, told CNN's State of the Union."
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...ndication/

Messages In This Thread
The attempted Clinton-CIA coup against Donald Trump - by Tracy Riddle - 05-02-2018, 04:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump dossier Doug Fisher 237 230,973 19-07-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Half-coup in Venezuela: The CIA Frames Trump Paul Rigby 0 3,085 08-05-2020, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Trump Impeachment, The 2020 Election And The Deep State James Lateer 3 3,861 06-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  The US-backed & planed coup in Venezuela Peter Lemkin 1 4,781 20-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Ongoing neo-Fascist Coup In Brazil with Imprisonment of Lula Peter Lemkin 3 6,334 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  Trump Executive Order and the Latest National Emergency Lauren Johnson 1 5,268 28-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  An actual coup in america: Democrats in 1944 Paul Rigby 3 8,252 29-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Russia Sees Multi-Polar World as It's Future -- Not Trump David Guyatt 55 121,061 28-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Is Trump's "Unpredictability" A Kissinger Strategy? David Guyatt 3 5,773 13-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Atlantic-Bridge: A Fox in Trump's Henhouse David Guyatt 0 4,312 05-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt