Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Guyatt on WWII Gold
Thanks Pete.

Interesting, for me, is the recent 8 part series on the History Channel titled "Lost Gold of WWII", which is a very curious title for masses of gold looted primarily by the Japanese (largely from China) and Germany during (and slightly before) WWII.

The e-book I wrote above has many documents in the documents section. For those who have (or will) watch the Lost Gold of WWII TV series, they'll notice that Bob Curtis is mentioned. I was in contact with Curtis who lived in Las Vegas. He worked with Marcos to alter the metallurgical fingerprint of the 7,000 metric tonnes of gold bullion he and Marcos recovered from that particular 777 stash. This was to ensure the Chinese government couldn't learn that the gold was that plundered from China by the Japanese Golden Lily teams.

Many people will considered Curtis's story pure tripe, as according to official statements gold was very rare. But of the many thousands of documents I had received over the years from different sources, one was a copy of a gold certificate of deposit drawn on Swiss Bank Corporation, Zurich, in the name of Ferdinand Marcos and covered the deposit of 7, 120 metric tonnes of AU (gold bullion). The certificate is dated 1956 -- although one has to treat all such gold certificates with caution because the fact is that many details are designedly wrong to throw anyone off the scent. For example, in regard to the Peter Johnson / Dr. Edison Damanik story all the related certificates - at first glance - as they name holders with in-built nonsense such as "Mrs. Queen Elizabeth II". But when you've seen dozens of these certificates bearing nonsensical names or childish spelling errors one eventually concludes this is part of the issuers plan aimed to deny credibility of what were credible instruments (albeit very heavily coded).

This was made clear to me when I was contacted by an American lawyer who represented a client who was involved with a case where Dr. Damanik was arrested by a US Treasury agent in Dallas after he visited the Dallas Federal Reserve to ask them to verify a very, very large certificate of deposit. The Fed told the Treasury agent the certificate was fraudulent and thus Damanik got arrested. However, Damanik's aim was simply to ask the Fed to affirm on deny the validity of the certificate --- something bankers do every date with currency bills they suspect to be fake.

Eventually Damanik stood trial. Two US Congressmen requested he be released from custody to attend Senate hearings to give testimony. These requests by Congressman Charlie Rose and (I if memory is correct) Senator John Tower were denied and Damanik remained in custody. Eventually, a deal was cut by Damanik's lawyer to release him and expel him from the US - he was made a persona non grate in effect - in exchange for him legally assigning two certificates he had in his possession to the US government. The question to ask here is since when does a government need a an alleged crook to legally assign a fraudulent instrument to it? I've never heard of it before. The normal procedure is to seize the instrument under the legal colour of it being fraudulent.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9773&stc=1]

Henceforward, Dr. Damanik only ever used appointed representatives to negotiate these instruments.

During the 12 years I investigated this story (and the associated Project Hammer stories) I came across endless people who were formerly involved with the intelligence community. For example, during a phone call with Bruce Mead he let it slip that in his earlier life he was a member of British Army intelligence. I had phoned him based on a file of documents about Mills and Mead (Millsmead) that Peter Johnson had given me. It took some sigging to get to the bottom of Bruce Mead's "UK domiciled buyer" and the "leading European Bank" that buyer represented. The fact is that my fairly extensive banking background helped immeasurably in this particular endeavour. The "buyer" turned out to be Michael J Summers (who I either could not track down or who refused to talk to me - can't now remember which...) and his "bank" was Credit Lyonnais Rouse Ltd, the precious metals arm of the thenFrench State owned Credit Lyonnais - one of France's biggest banks at the time. That they knew of Dr. Damanik and knew that "everything offered by him [Dr. Damanik] is genuine", speaks volumes given who Summers legally represented.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=9774&stc=1]

In the last analysis, it's a long and involved story that ultimately reveals that authorised lie that gold is as rare as the authorities say it is. It is actually more plentiful - much like diamonds themselves are plentiful - but for the purposes of maintaining an elaborate and high price it is vital to create the illusion (and are we Brits ever good at doing that per De Beers for diamonds for example) that the source is rare. Thus any of this gold haul can ony ever be transacted privately and out of sight - which means and meant the black market. Despite this fact the prices struck for transaction were based on an agreed discount (usually around 10% but subject to negotiation) on the 2nd London gold price "fix" arranged in the offices of N M Rothschild, banker to Cecil Rhodes of diamond and gold fame. How those in the know must've giggled at the use of the term "fix" in the setting of the daily gold price...

In any event, in 1992, Imelda Marcos eventually admitted that the gold she and her husband had recovered and controlled were part of the Golden Lily plunder:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1...Q2Z0COW08Q

In 2017, Imelda went on to say that she had wanted to return "part" of the 7,000 ton gold her husband and her recovered in that one 777 stash:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/31/17/i...xbCli14qro

Colour me cynical about this claim. When I was still active investigating this story I repeatedly came across black market gold deals Imelda was said to be behind. But maybe in her older age, a life of guilt and greed finally caused a rethinking?

Who knows?

Attached Files
.jpg   Charlie Rose request for Damanik to travel to Washington_Page_1.jpg (Size: 558.57 KB / Downloads: 22)
.jpg   millmead.jpg (Size: 164.43 KB / Downloads: 19)
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by Lauren Johnson - 20-10-2019, 07:49 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by Peter Lemkin - 21-10-2019, 06:30 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 22-10-2019, 01:36 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 22-10-2019, 05:10 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by Lauren Johnson - 22-10-2019, 05:37 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 25-10-2019, 02:37 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 25-10-2019, 02:40 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 25-10-2019, 03:14 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 25-10-2019, 04:13 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 25-10-2019, 05:30 PM
David Guyatt on WWII Gold - by David Guyatt - 28-10-2019, 08:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Truman by David McCullough Kenneth Kapel 4 4,928 26-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Kenneth Kapel
  The "Unknown" David Ray Griffin Charles Drago 1 3,630 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Has anyone read "Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder by David McGowan? Myra Bronstein 10 16,720 23-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt