Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone read "Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder by David McGowan?
Has anyone read "Programmed to Kill: The Politics of Serial Murder by David McGowan?
http://www.amazon.com/Programmed-Kill-Po...0595326404

I'm considering reading it and I'd welcome reviews from anyone who has.

Because I'm inclined to think of Charles Manson as a gov't mind control subject helping to usher out the 'peace and love" '60s, I'm open to the possibility that other mass/serial killers were/are MK. That seems to be the premise of this book.

Have you read another book on this subject, or do you have an opinion on whether or not mass/serial killers are sponsored by gov't?
From superficial "inside" jokes to fiendishly clever reimaginings of actual operations, the stuff of Ian Fleming's many plots and subplots is worthy of book-length analyses.

Permit me to direct your attention to arguably the most unsettling -- and revealing -- of the Fleming dramatis personae. James Bond's nemesis in From Russia with Love is the psychopath Red Grant, alias Krassno Granitski, alias Captain Norman Nash. (In the aforementioned "'inside' joke" department: "Nash" is the transliteration of the Russian slang for "one of ours." Reference Richard Case Nagell's elaboration as proffered in The Man Who Knew Too Much. Know that Fleming was fluent in Russian.)

While, as Kingsley Amis points out in his The James Bond Dossier, Grant is not the true villain of the novel (a distinction reserved for the execrable Rosa Klebb), he nonetheless stands out in the canon for reasons relating to Myra's query.

Grant's homicidal pathology is endlessly fascinating to those of us for whom Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces trilogy stands as an essential guide for a tour of the darkest realms of political/intelligence intrigue.

You see, Grant, a British enlisted man assigned to Germany, just happens to be a lunar cycle serial killer. He is identified and seduced by SMERSH, and he defects to the Soviets, who somehow are able not only to manage his urges, but also direct them purposefully.

(And so we travel from Lektor to Lecter -- sorry, all this "inside" stuff is getting to me.)

How much did Fleming know about operations designed to control both "normal" and abnormal minds? Remember, we're talking 1957 here, a point in time long before MK/ULTRA, ARTICHOKE, and similar programs had been raised to popular consciousness.

I'm afraid, Myra, that you're on to something.

But in the "lemonade out of lemons" department, an idea for the next Hannibal Lecter novel: The good doctor allows himself to be recruited by an unnamed intelligence service for use in a conspiracy of world-historic proportions ... which of course he turns to his own ends. But perhaps ... just perhaps ... he has been their creation all along ... or they have been his ... or ...
Charlie, my guess is that Fleming may well have had an insight into the techniques of hypnosis that prefigured MK-ULTRA that were used during WWII and pioneered by George Estabrooks (a Rhodes scholar no less).

During the war Estabrooks worked for military intelligence and was able to create a “hypnotic courier” to safely carry secret messages without fear that the other side could forcibly extract the information:

http://www.whale.to/b/estabrooks.html

Fleming was, as you know, a naval intelligence officer during the war who was stationed at the top secret code breaking Bletchley Park. As such he very likely had access to a whole range of secrets:

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/243...x_immortal

I also think Myra is quite likely to be correct in considering that Charles Manson and others may have been programmed. The use of such people has obvious advantages of tailoring public opinion to accept changes they would not otherwise tolerate.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Actually, Manson probably wasn't a programmed killer. After all, Charlie didn't personally kill any of the known victims of the Family.

Peter Levenda explored fascinating details of Manson's roots in Sinister Forces, and there are several homicides which were likely committed by Manson's Family, and perhaps Manson himself, for which noone has been convicted. But none of that necessarily makes Charlie himself a programmed killer.

I do think he was subjected to programming though.

My working hypothesis is that Manson's fractured psyche - used, abused, unloved & repeatedly traumatized from birth - perfectly fit the profile required by the MK-ULTRA* spooks roaming prisons, reform schools & orphanages for experimental subjects. And that Manson's psyche was then experimented on: either by the spooks themselves, or their proxies (cult & religious groups etc).

My working hypothesis is that Manson proved a fascinating and resilient subject, who over time either learned, or was taught, how to use techniques of control and/or programming over others. Manson went from mind controlled guinea pig, to mind controlling guinea pig.

He became a controlled controller.

Intriguingly, at key times in his preaching career, Jim Jones (of Jonestown fame) disappears and there is evidence that he actually spent the time in a neuropsychiatric hospital in Hawaii. It's quite possible that "charismatic leader" Jim Jones' programming was being reinforced and fine-tuned.

I am certain that at some stage in history - probably starting in the early 60s - a giant, anarchic, reckless experiment was undertaken, and MK-ULTRA "research" was let out into the community at large. MK-ULTRA moved from experiments in prisons, orphanages & in black wings of hospital, and on foreign PoWs, military personnel and within certain military families, to cults & religious groups. Charismatic leaders were created and funded - eg Jim Jones. Faux revolutionary groups were constructed - eg the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Jim Jones was a controlled controller - a perfect subject of Death Squad leader Dan Mitrione.

Donald DeFreeze was a controlled controller - the creation of Colston Westbrook and the Phoenix Program. DeFreeze learnt his lessons so well that he was able to "break" Patty Hearst in textbook fashion, splitting her personality into functioning multiples.

Or so MK-ULTRA Godfather, Dr Louis Jolyon West, effectively testified in court. And Jolly should know... Rolleyes

I contend Charles Manson was another controlled controller - his custom brand of "acid" coming directly from MK-ULTRA labs, his nonsensical Helter Skelter vision birthed from one of L Ron Hubbard's discarded rants & his own prison experiences, and his knowledge of how to control others both a direct consequence of his own fractured psyche and endless honing by the black doctors.

-------------------

*I'm using MK-ULTRA as an umbrella term for all the covert mind control programmes - be they CIA, Naval Intelligence, Military Intelligence, deep black offspring of Paperclip etc. And ones we can only have nightmares about...
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Jan,

Yours, in time, will become the conventional wisdom.

How odd -- and heartening -- to note that, independently and separated by thousands of miles, good minds are thinking alike.

I number Timothy McVeigh among the "altered."

In good time I'll start a new thread on what I know you understand to be the hidden purpose of repressed memory deprogramming efforts of a few years back. And I'll tell the story of how and why I was offered the opportunity to promote one relating to the JFK hit.

Charlie
Don't forget the Patty Hearst affair...SO OBVIOUS!

Jack
David Guyatt Wrote:...
I also think Myra is quite likely to be correct in considering that Charles Manson and others may have been programmed. The use of such people has obvious advantages of tailoring public opinion to accept changes they would not otherwise tolerate.

Well, actually they're not that obvious to me David. I'm just starting to consider the possibility that some crimes against random ordinary people (as opposed to VIPs like JFK, RFK, MLK...) may be committed by killers programmed by gov't. I'm certainly not convinced yet that it's happened; I'm just open to the possibility. I'm considering reading the book I mentioned in this thread, and looking for others on the subject.

But I'm pretty hazy on the theoretical advantages to gov't. I have a vague sense that it would generally benefit a fascist regime to keep sheeple afraid and looking for big daddy to keep them "safe." In general frightened people are prefered by regimes because they can't think clearly.

But that seems to be a rather weak rationale for a gov't to go to all the trouble of manufacturing serial and mass killers unless they're going to use the resulting "shock" in the way Naomi Klein describes--to pass legislation that otherwise couldn't be passed. And I can see some logic to having Manson's minions help usher out the peace/love/trust era in favor of the war/profit/mistrust era. But why program killers to go around nailing ordinary people?

Could they be doing some kind of advanced testing on subjects to see how much mileage they can get out of a programmed killer, so that when they have a VIP target (like John Lennon for example) they feel assured that the assigned killer (like Mark Chapman for example) is up to the task?
Jack White Wrote:Don't forget the Patty Hearst affair...SO OBVIOUS!

Jack

It is?
Er, help me out here Jack.
Why would the government have wanted Patty Hearst to be programmed, or to be programmed a specific way? Was it to discredit left wingers since the SLA was supposedly left wing?

Why was Patty Hearst specifically targeted?
Charles Drago Wrote:...
I number Timothy McVeigh among the "altered."
Charlie

I welcome any insights into the McVeigh/Oklahoma City episode.

I don't see where it fits into the big pattern. He was portrayed as a right winger, wasn't he?
The subject of Tim McVeigh, certainly deserving of its own thread and apparently a quasi-obsession of mine, is continued here:

http://www.deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/....php?t=198

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Guyatt on WWII Gold Lauren Johnson 10 6,643 28-10-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  OMINOUS POLITICS by John Saloma Anthony Thorne 0 7,148 24-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  ECLIPSE OF THE ASSASSINS: The CIA, Imperial Politics, and the slaying of journalist Manuel Buendia Anthony Thorne 0 5,292 10-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Dirty Politics Nicky Hager's new book Magda Hassan 2 5,685 06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  COUP D'ETAT IN SLOW MOTION: THE MURDER OF OLOF PALME - free 843 pg. ebook Anthony Thorne 17 27,018 09-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Truman by David McCullough Kenneth Kapel 4 4,818 26-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Kenneth Kapel
  Deep Politics and the Deep State : definitions Bruno Paul 9 9,321 16-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The "Unknown" David Ray Griffin Charles Drago 1 3,579 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  THE TYLENOL MAFIA: Marketing, Murder, and Johnson & Johnson Ed Jewett 0 2,826 24-09-2011, 03:58 AM
  American War Machine: Deep Politics, the CIA Global Drug Connection, and the Road to Afghanistan Ed Jewett 0 3,340 14-02-2011, 04:11 AM