Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep Politics and the Deep State : definitions
I would like to share this article regarding Deep Politics and the Deep State :
http://conscience-sociale.blogspot.fr/20...state.html

The goal of this article is to synthesize the proposed definitions and those for associated concepts.

I'm interested in your comments.

ps: I'm new on this forum. If you want to know more about me, read this (use translation menu)

Welcome to the forum Bruno! I look forward to reading your link. Thank you.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Ditto the welcome, Bruno. I notice that you feature articles of Peter Dale Scott on your website, so we have much in common with that.

David
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Thanks for your welcome!

If we agree above on definitions, I would like to propose you another article:
Kicking the deep state off the US land

This is about a very complex issue.

Again, I'm very interested in your comments, any of them.

--B.P.
My sense is that driving a wedge between Obama and his "craven inner circle" won't do a thing to change the situation.

I believe Obama is first, and foremost, a place-man. He was chosen for playing the role of president - much the way Ronald Reagan was playing his role too. Being a president of the USA holds the danger of the incumbent becoming dead or his reputation and credibility destroyed.

Just my two cents worth...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Bruno Paul Wrote:Thanks for your welcome!

If we agree above on definitions, I would like to propose you another article:
Kicking the deep state off the US land

This is about a very complex issue.

Again, I'm very interested in your comments, any of them.

--B.P.

I'm a citizen-researcher from the USA, now in exile - having left after the Deep State made life too difficult for me 'at home'. While kicking the deep state out of the USA [and the Planet] is certainly the goal, it is not an easy one....even that is an understatement. It will take getting a sizable % of the population aware and willing to risk resistance and action - and mostly NOT through 'allowed' channels [which they control and which make you think you are participating, but which connect to almost no levers of real power - maybe a few on local levels still - but NOT to the BIG power centers which are not democratic and not accountable to anyone, any system, any Constitution, any laws, any rules, any civility, any notions of rights for everyone, etc.]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Thanks for your first answers.

Has this topic already been discussed on this forum (or elsewhere with an available link)?

If not, are you comfortable to discuss it here? (this is a honest and open question: this forum is open since 6 years old or more, so I do not know the habits).

My goal with the second article is obviously not to discuss a full, comprehensive , ready-to-use strategy, but only to ask you what you feel or think about the role of civil society, in the US and on a transnational level, in this respect.
The changes we need to make are democratic in nature. We need to inform the electorate. We need to expose the bad guys when we find them. We need to free the media from its shackles of corporate ownership (the internet is helping). We need an active campaign finance reform effort. We need to reform lobbying practices and accountability. We need to get the Citizens United case, and the McCutcheon case overturned, by constitutional amendment if necessary.

Basically we need people to make a choice between the flag and the dollar.
Bruno Paul Wrote:Thanks for your first answers.

Has this topic already been discussed on this forum (or elsewhere with an available link)?

If not, are you comfortable to discuss it here? (this is a honest and open question: this forum is open since 6 years old or more, so I do not know the habits).

My goal with the second article is obviously not to discuss a full, comprehensive , ready-to-use strategy, but only to ask you what you feel or think about the role of civil society, in the US and on a transnational level, in this respect.

I don't believe it has been directly discussed Bruno, and I'm sure we would all be comfortable to discuss it further. It is an important question.

I think several members feel quite strongly that, as Peter and Drew said above, using the existing channels to hope to change things is no longer feasible, as these are in the control of those who ultimately are responsible for the problems now facing us. The added problem is that the media is so thoroughly now part of the problem and is no longer an avenue of the solution to it.

But this is not just a problem for the USA. Here in the UK and elsewhere also in Europe, these centres of power are now the controlling factors in our lives. Democracy no longer exists effectively. We live in a political desert where the dressed up choices of the various political parties amounts to just more sand.

For me it has to be a grass roots thing to create change. Otherwise it will only get worse.
Bruno Paul Wrote:Thanks for your first answers.

Look around in our archived threads....[that should keep you busy for a few years!]. Yes, we have addressed this - generally in more specific ways, but also sometimes as a general concept. It is, as I see it, the basic 'question'/concept being wrestled with here. We are however dealing with a kind of super-octopus, with many, many tentacles; and having a long and complex hidden history, with many satellite centers of deep power. This forum and a few other websites 'out there' aim to record, document, explore, expose and educate on this hidden history, a logical analysis and deconstruction of it, and what can be done to reverse the damages - and move in positive directions. The last part is the most essential, with the least time allotted [before it will be too late], as well as the most important and difficult, IMHO.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OMINOUS POLITICS by John Saloma Anthony Thorne 0 7,149 24-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  ECLIPSE OF THE ASSASSINS: The CIA, Imperial Politics, and the slaying of journalist Manuel Buendia Anthony Thorne 0 5,292 10-02-2016, 01:44 PM
  Dirty Politics Nicky Hager's new book Magda Hassan 2 5,686 06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  A Government of Wolves - The Emerging American Police State - John Whitehead Peter Lemkin 3 8,269 22-08-2014, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Peter Dale Scott's THE AMERICAN DEEP STATE Anthony Thorne 0 4,422 18-05-2014, 01:03 PM
  Tosh's new book out soon 'Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Magda Hassan 12 24,212 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
  State Department buys $70,000 worth of Obama books Ed Jewett 1 2,853 01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
  9/11 Ten Years Later: When State Crimes Against Democracy Succeed Ed Jewett 0 2,552 17-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  American War Machine: Deep Politics, the CIA Global Drug Connection, and the Road to Afghanistan Ed Jewett 0 3,341 14-02-2011, 04:11 AM
  State Crimes Against Democracy Ed Jewett 2 5,103 12-05-2010, 08:38 PM