Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Taste of Bacon Sir? - The Secret of Shakespeare
David Guyatt Wrote:PS, I think you'll find the Qabalah dates back well before Pythagoras, btw.

While doing the research for my Origins of the Tarot Deck, it became fairly apparent that Pythagoras was syncretizing a whole series of earlier and foreign ideas. I can't say for sure that this included the Tetraktys/Tree of Life or not, but it certainly wouldn't be out of character. I should point out that the man claimed to remember his past lives, though, interestingly enough, their dates don't match the cometary cycle, though I have him as one of the cometary avatars that include Socrates, da Vinci, and "Shakespeare." Many of these folks can honestly be described as the "genius of the age."

It's also interesting that the scholarly community has recently entered a phase of revisionism that has cast doubt on the reality of even folks like Pythagoras and Socrates, not to mention King Arthur and Simon bar Kokhba. I haven't looked at the reasons for this renewed skepticism, and I don't think the "authorship question" is part of this. In this particular case, Shakespeare is quite the exception, though it may be that the drift toward the idea of multiple authors is part of it.
Another poor sucker who never had a chance.
It's just another captain goin' down with the ship,
Just another jerk takin' pride in his work."
--Timbuk3

Messages In This Thread
A Taste of Bacon Sir? - The Secret of Shakespeare - by Steve Franklin - 01-10-2014, 08:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More Baconia-Shakespeare David Guyatt 8 39,553 08-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Occultists, Freemasons, And The Secret History of Radical Islam R.K. Locke 1 5,951 16-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  Jung's commentary on The Secret of the Golden Flower David Guyatt 0 4,005 24-05-2013, 10:17 AM
  Solar Warden - The Secret Space Program Magda Hassan 0 4,661 13-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  USC scientist, Swedish researchers decode 18th century document of German secret society Magda Hassan 1 4,447 27-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Facebook Privacy Invasions to Global Secret Societies of the New World Order (1 of 2) Darius Alexander 0 3,887 01-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Darius Alexander
  Secret men's business and their clubs Magda Hassan 3 4,899 26-01-2009, 05:58 PM