Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOL to Buy Huffington Post for $315 Million
Updated | Feb. 10 4:00 p.m.
#HUFFPUFF has touched a nerve. Now, a firestorm is developing as writers, readers and publishers of indie media are rallying to huff and puff Arianna's AOL merger into the ground.
Media activists, this is our chance to strike a blow against the corporate media and simultaneously energize the indie blogosphere … a step towards a world where the news that animates our political and activist lives is not controlled by those who pander to advertisers and the bottom line. With continued pressure, we can topple AOL-HuffPo and fertilize a healthy media ecology.
So let's keep blowing harder and harder!
  • If you are a writer, take your content off the Huffington Post (like Al Giordano of @Narco_News did)
  • If you are a HuffPo reader, unsubscribe/uninstall the app/delete your bookmark to the Huffington Post (like @jaberard, @RavenWytch, and @drlawler)
  • Everyone, keep telling the world about your favorite alternative indie sites using the #huffpuff tag (see the list of alternatives nominated thus far below)

There is power in concerted effort, so let's keep huff'n & puff'n and huff'n & puff'n until we've blown AOL/HuffPost's house down!
Here is a list of alternative media sources our readers have suggested via twitter and on our blog:
Tweet your HuffPo alternative with the #huffpuff tag or post your suggestion in the comments below.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
AOL to Buy Huffington Post for $315 Million - by Magda Hassan - 12-02-2011, 02:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington Post Amazon CIA Axis Albert Doyle 1 2,539 18-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Bradley Manning and SF Gay Pride: I dont always agree with Justin Raimondo but when I do: I post Kara Dellacioppa 23 20,299 15-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Adele Edisen