Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy
Don,

Janney was formerly a practicing psychologist, a PhD. He publishes and publicly states big lies, and small lies. Troubling...... He expended the effort to republish his book Mary's Mosaic, with a sequel chapter intended as a rebuttal
to my research related to the background and whereabouts of the "CIA assassin" author Janney claimed was missing since his 1965 Crump murder trial testimony. Janney used the sequel opportunity to publish a lie with the intent to
take credit for my research!:

Tom Scully Wrote:..............
Janney could have conceded in August, 2012, when I first presented this.:
Quote: Harvard alumni directory
books.google.comHarvard Alumni Directory (Office), Harvard Alumni Association, Harvard University
MltcheU, WUliam Lockwood, 1500 Arlington Blvd. , Apt. 1022, Arlington, Va. 22209. g62-63

Quote:Peter Janney, November 21, 2012 podcast : at 5:00, "...So I did what Scully did and I did turn up some of these citations....." at 9:35, "....Harvard has no record of his attendance, and we went through this twice with them....."

Ten months later, in Peter Janney's revised, paperback edition of Mary's Mosaic, I read this false claim:

Quote:
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1629143162

Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎Preview - ‎More editions
Discussing hiscritical post of Mary's Mosaic inan emailtoa University ofGeorgia law professor, Scully identified himself as ... I discoveredthat William Mitchell's middle name was "Lockwood," therebygivingus another needed pieceofthe puzzle ...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7491&stc=1]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7492&stc=1]

INSTEAD, the ethics deprived Janney has claimed in his paperback book edition that HE discovered that Mitchell earned an MS at Harvard and has the middle name, Lockwood. If you've listened to the
21 November, 2012 podcast time marks I linked to, you can observe that Janney himself could not verify Mitchell's Harvard attendance, one of several details he learned of through me, along with
Mitchell's middle name, which I had disclosed in early August, 2012.

In addtion to the "problems" I describe at the bottom of this post, in my "sig," there is also this to ponder over.:

Quote:https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/b/bu...ivate.html
CHAPTER ONE A Very Private WomanThe Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential Mistress Mary Meyer
MURDER IN GEORGETOWN.....................
Mary Draper Janney, a dark-eyed historian who taught at a private suburban Washington day school, had roomed with Mary at Vassar. She retained her 1940s style into the 1960s, even though she was married and the mother of three children, and her students thought of her as a capital-city version of Lauren Bacall, with her rumpled, mannish suits, whiskey voice, and habit of lighting up cigarettes in class. She was married to CIA man Wistar Janney. Mary Janney sat in a pew near another Vassar classmate, the bouncy blond Scottie Fitzgerald Lanahan--F. Scott Fitzgerald's daughter--and her husband, Washington attorney Jack Lanahan......

http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper%2018/...201157.pdf
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7334&stc=1]

In Gatsby's Shadow: The Story of Charles Macomb Flandrau

https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1587295156
Larry Haeg - 2004 - ‎Biography & Autobiography
Cornelius Van Ness, co-owner with Tom Boyd of St. Paul's Kil marnock ... home on three acres in New Canaan, Connecticut, where Van Ness spent the rest of ...

How do you suppose Mr. Cogswell of Scarsdale, living less than a mile from the home of Fitzgerald's book agent, Harold Ober, knew of the Van Nesses? Could it have been through his Phillips Exeter schoolmate, Richard Ober, son of Harold? The family Fitzgerald's daughter, Scottie, resided with while she attended school in Scarsdale?

There is also this, and there is a link to F. Scott Firzgerald, although more improbable than the Cogswell "thing".

Quote:C_I_A_operatorAugust 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Your statement that the Russian people are a great people, particularly for having defeated the Nazis and other fascists....
This is an insane statement, and particularly for anyone who served in national security in the cold war.
Almost every government figure I knew except for the Jews Walt Rostow and his assassin buddy David Strier, believed that Nazisim and fascism [which are two different things] were much preferable to Stalinism......

Be inventive, be original, trust no one, not even the son of the personnel manager of the CIA who took the minutes of the meeting of Ray Rocca fretting over the fate of Clay Shaw.......

My primamry criticism is that there are so many more important matters of history that Janney could have chosen to write about; he is the nephew of General Dynamic's Frank Pace, a man who ceded control of that MIC conglomerate
to Henry Crown and Patrick Hoy, and according to an FBI document, indirectly to Tony Accardo and Gus Alex.

Above I presented an ego driven, petty lie published by someone with the training to know better than to attempt it, but there is also the matter of this Janney claim, contradictedd by the DC court record image posted above.:

Quote:September 5, 2014 http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/09/05/the...hot-meyer/
The Murder of Mary Pinchot Meyer
On this edition of Real Politik James is joined by Peter Janney, author of Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary Pinchot Meyer, and Their Vision for World Peace.

Quote:.....In January 2014 Janney deposed William Mitchell as part of a wrongful death civil lawsuit to procure information on Mitchell's potential responsibility for Meyer's murder.....

How do you "depose" a party two months after a court record displays that your own lawyer dismissed your lawsuit against that party, "with prejudice"?
Maybe Drew has an explanation, but it is a unique case and owing to statute of limitations, (a decades old death restricts standing in court to immediate family) likely could not be moved to another venue, such as former defendant Mitchell's home state of California. You described the book as "well written," Don, but what if it is what it appears to be, symptoms of underlying disorder?

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7490&stc=1]

And what do you make of Dovery Roundtree's four versions, dating back to at least 1990, of her success, or lack of it, in locating Crump's alleged alibi witness, "Vivian". One version has Roundtree's investigator locating this alibi and Roundtree negotiating with her by telephone. This was a capital crime trial. If true, would not attempting to compell the testimony of said vitally important witness, amount to malpractice?

I run from steaming piles, I don't endorse them.:
Quote:Disclaimer : I was led to these discrepancies by a poster on another forum and I found all of the following examples, verified them and I am posting them to eliminate the diversion used several times on another thread by members who wanted to marginalize them based on criticism intended to avoid the actual information presented as follows, addressing reliabiltiy and consistancy of statements made by Ray Crump, Jr. and his defense attorney, Dovey Roundtree.:
A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential ...

books.google.com Nina Burleigh - 2009 - 380 pages - Google eBook - Preview
Confirmed by Dovey Roundtree to the author. 33. Dovey Roundtree says that toward the end of his trial, Crump told her he had been on the towpath with a prostitute, drinking. Roundtree was never able to find the woman.

http://www.pythiapre...ales/Meyer.html
MARY MEYER: A HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS DEATH
By Zalin Grant

....I got a copy of the trial transcript and studied it closely. I talked to various people involved in the case, and walked the towpath where she was killed. I followed the police investigation and collected documents.
Then on November 3, 1993 I had a long interview with Dovey Roundtree at her Washington office, although I decided not to write my article at that time.....

....She was tough in questioning Crump about what he had been doing on the towpath. He told police he had been fishing and had fallen in the water. But he didn't want to tell her what he had really been doing and she had to pull it out of him.
He had missed the truck that would take him to his morning construction job, he told her finally, and he decided to stop by the home of a girlfriend to see if she was interested in doing something.

The girl had a car and they bought a six-pack of beer and a small bottle of gin and drove to the park, where they had sex. That had happened before, same girl, same place. He drank so much that he fell asleep and the girl took her car and went home and left to him to get back by trolley.
Dovey knew this might make a good alibi if she could find the girl. But she also knew it would squeeze the soul of his poor mother if this came out at trial. When Ray told her he didn't want to involve the girl she decided not to push it further.

(Tom Scully asks: Wouldn't it amount to malpractice for a defense attorney not to make the court aware of, and to seek a subpoena for the compelled (if the witness is uncooperative) testimony of an alibi witness identified by the defendant in a criminal trial in which a finding of guilt could result in the death penalty?)

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree - Page 195 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=160473132X
Katie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - Biography & Autobiography

....Her first name was Vivian, and she'd been with him on the day of the murder, he
told me when I began pressing him about the crazy fishing story he'd told police....
...I pretty nearly turned the city of Washington inside out, looking for that woman
or rather, my assistant, Purcell Moore, did.
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy, Mary ...

books.google.com Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview Trying to conceal his affair with Vivian, he had put himself in jeopardy with police. For Roundtree, the immediate priority was to find Vivian, his only alibi. She did so with the assistance of her private investigator, Purcell Moore. But Vivian made

books.google.com Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview

Ray Crump, Jr. had been picked up by his girlfriend, Vivian,
in her car "very early that morning," shortly after eight. Crump was playing hooky from work. That morning, Crump and Vivian didn't have enough money for a motel room. Crump had likely been spotted by the CIA team early that morning, as he and Vivian began walking out from the Georgetown entry point of the towpath to some predetermined area he was familiar with from earlier fishing trips to the area. It was still probably two to three hours before the murder would take place.....

.....The next thing he knew he was trying to get himself together and he slipped and fell into the water.
That scared him. He almost drowned. He didn't know how to swim. He was really trying to find his way out of the dang place. He wasn't familiar with that area at all. And he sort of roamed around. And then he heard something like an explosion.

Justice Older Than the Law: The Life of Dovey Johnson Roundtree - Page 192

books.google.comKatie McCabe, Dovey Johnson Roundtree - 2009 - 259 pages - Preview
....Had he heard gunshots? Had he heard screams? Had he seen or heard any sound at all that told him something was wrong? He answered each of those questions in the negative, growing more frightened all the time.
A Very Private Woman: The Life and Unsolved Murder of Presidential ... - Page 234 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=0307574172
Nina Burleigh - 2009 - Biography & Autobiography - 380 pages
At his arraignment Crump told the fishing story again and added that he had
heard shots. "I don't know what happened myself. l almost got shot myself."9

books.google.com
Peter Janney - 2012 - Google eBook - Preview
... of his right to counsel and to a preliminary hearing, but he declined to schedule the hearing. "I don't know why I'm here," Crump blurted out. "I was down there fishing and lost my rod. I almost got shot myself."42 Crump was held without bail

Attached Files
.jpg   JanneySurrogate.jpg (Size: 249.65 KB / Downloads: 20)
.jpg   JanneyLockwood1.jpg (Size: 264.65 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   JanneyLockwood2.jpg (Size: 167.99 KB / Downloads: 20)
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

Messages In This Thread
Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - by Tom Scully - 06-10-2015, 11:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alan Dale chats with Peter Dale Scott about the JFK assassination - a good read Anthony Thorne 2 4,831 18-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Millicent Cranor on the Mary Woodward coverup Joseph McBride 0 3,248 24-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Perfect Storm: A Conversation with Peter Levenda Lauren Johnson 1 3,208 14-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  William Pawley, the Kennedy Assassination, and.......... by Peter Dale Scott Adele Edisen 21 10,875 11-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  John F. Kennedy's letter to his alleged mistress (Mary Meyer) is up for auction Drew Phipps 51 23,588 24-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Mary's Mosaic: Toward Consensus Charles Drago 20 13,210 14-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Are the Peter Janney interviews of Dino Brugioni available anywhere? Chris Bennett 0 2,462 20-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Chris Bennett
  New Peter Dale Scott interview on DALLAS '63. Anthony Thorne 1 3,253 01-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Jimmy Ferrell, son of Mary passes. Dawn Meredith 8 6,899 28-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  America left behind: The world integrates the Dallas coup into its narratives of post-WWII Paul Rigby 3 3,272 18-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby