Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel, Iran, US, NATO, Russia - Nuclear War? Is Washington Deaf As Well as Criminal?
Adele Edisen Wrote:Peter,

We just can't get rid of our neo-con war-mongers. Would the Israels, who do not want war with Iran, refuse to fight, do you think?

We might have to do it, but we cannot afford it with our massive national debt from previous wars.
I wonder it the American people are yet tired of war?

If Israel makes a first strike, would we not follow up? Or would we make the first strike?
Just before or just after the election would be a very critical time, before a new Congress is seated,
during the lame-duck period with all those Tea Party pro-war members still in power until January.

Well, Iran has good rich sources of oil... And, we'd have another foothold in the Middle East...

Now's the time for Obama to earn his Nobel Peace Prize.

Random thoughts flying through my mind.

Adele

I agree the dangers now and just after election are very real. This war will not be like the 'others' and easily could go nuclear and worldwide...within days, even hours at some tipping point event. In the USA and Israel there are people who don't want war, but by and large those that DO are in power and have their fingers on the buttons, figuratively and literally. Sorry to sadly say, I don't have the faith you seem to in some latent moral fortitude in Obama - that he'd fight the hawks in the USA and in Israel and just say NO!...or else. Certainly not before the election and I can't see it after, either. I'd like to be wrong. It seems to me the rest of the World, especially Europe are our last best hope for saying 'don't you dare' behind the scenes, but even there I'm not very optimistic. Americans should be sick of war - should have been after WW2; more so after Korea and Vietnam...but look at what propaganda can do and we are STILL having about one per year - some big, some smaller. I don't think the US would strike first. Israel easily could thinking that the USA would be obligated to back them up and not leave them defenseless [unless they used their nuclear weapons and wiped out most of the Arab lands]....which brings us to the Armageddon scenario, as Pakistan and perhaps even Russia and China will not stand by idly. Were Pakistan to fire, India would, and pop goes the weasel. IF any non-nation groups have nukes or dirty nukes, they'd use them. The scenario is so dangerous and so unstable, as to be insane to even approach it. Say bye-bye. No more Iranian nuclear program potential, and no more life on Earth to speak of....except cockroaches, bacteria, and a few living humans who would envy the dead. I'm worried. Very worried. If Obama wants to win his gold star he had best start speaking out loudly and publicly about no nuclear war on his watch....but as I said, its not a vote winner - sadly and insanely! Also, those who have the most to gain from wars generally seem to have Obama [and most others in the beltway] on a short leash. Perhaps one with an electric collar.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Israel, Iran, US, NATO, Russia - Nuclear War? Is Washington Deaf As Well as Criminal? - by Peter Lemkin - 23-08-2012, 06:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RUSSIA'S WAR ON ITSELF Lauren Johnson 14 1,899 24-08-2023, 03:51 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  US/NATO WAR ON RUSSIA GOES HOT Lauren Johnson 5 3,285 16-07-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Fred Steeves
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,691 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Was the Berlin Bombing a NATO Style Strategy of Tension Action? David Guyatt 1 10,670 20-10-2017, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Trump's Quiet Outreach to Russia David Guyatt 0 11,907 15-03-2017, 03:47 PM
  War Chick Clinton Pledges a Wider War with Russia David Guyatt 0 5,391 11-10-2016, 09:29 AM
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,055 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  Georgia - the New "Old" Flashpoint for War with Russia David Guyatt 1 5,533 13-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Ukraine to declare war on Russia? Lauren Johnson 7 18,307 20-08-2016, 12:17 PM
  Russia equivocates in Syria, Iran is confused and al-Qaeda takes the initiative Lauren Johnson 3 5,360 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman