Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample Letter to Issa that I sent last year--
Dear Chairman Issa,

I am writing to you today to strongly encourage you to hold JFK ACT Oversight Hearings, which are necessary and long overdue. The last such hearings were held over 15 years ago. I would also encourage you to introduce a billor take any appropriate actionthat would accelerate the current date (2017) of release of all government documents regarding the assassination of the 35[SUP]th[/SUP] president so that the information can be available prior to the 50[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary (November 22, 2013).

It has been nearly 50 years. There are no longer any reasons "of national security" that are sufficiently valid to justify the withholding of these documents. Nearly 50 years of secrecy is more than long enough. Moreover, the law requires their release.

I request this without passion or prejudice. It is in the best interest of the American People that the great history from which we have evolved be known even when some of it may not be to our liking.

The world is very different today than it was 5 decades ago. The decision to withhold this information might have been appropriate in 1964. However, whatever those reasons were then, they are no longer valid now. The Cold War is over. There is no longer a Soviet Union, so that even if the concern (the Soviet Union and/or Cuba were responsible for the deed) that was originally thought to be valid then had been true, it no longer matters today.

The American People have a right to know the truth. The American People have a right to know the documented account of what happened and/or a right to any and all collateral information. The US Government does not have the right to withhold this information from the American People unless to not do so would create a clear and present danger to the American People. The burden of demonstrating the existence of such a danger falls on the government. In the absence of same, the law currently mandates full disclosure.

I respectfully encourage you to act in accordance with the law.

Sincerely,

Gregory Burnham
[Address here]
San Diego, CA
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)
Greg,

Did you ever get a reply? Even a thank you letter would have been something.

Adele
Adele Edisen Wrote:Greg,

Did you ever get a reply? Even a thank you letter would have been something.

Adele

No, I didn't. However, that made me wonder if he actually received it or not. Perhaps I'll send it again.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oswald's last letter Jim DiEugenio 1 2,203 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Billy Joe Lord 1977 Letter to new POTUS: Why is there STILL misunderstanding of what triggered it? Tom Scully 0 1,937 28-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  My Cover Letter to Rep. Ilhan Omar Jim DiEugenio 3 3,316 25-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,999 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  First letter from CIA to instruct assignments the day after the assassination Scott Kaiser 1 2,452 29-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  I hope no three letter agency is violating my privacy Scott Kaiser 1 2,841 14-10-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John F. Kennedy's letter to his alleged mistress (Mary Meyer) is up for auction Drew Phipps 51 23,412 24-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Marina Oswald's Letter to the ARRB Jim DiEugenio 5 4,265 11-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Secret Service agent theory comes back every year, zombie-like Tracy Riddle 5 4,510 30-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Exhumation of JFK a letter from Dr. Cyril Wecht Alan Denholm 3 3,167 24-02-2015, 12:27 AM
Last Post: David Josephs