Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former head of CIA operations butts heads with Congressmen
For me, this is quite an amazing, enjoyable and insightful discussion.

It was interesting to see how Congressmen lined up to defend the US position on Israel with such alacrity. One almost feels that they felt their funding was being threatened - or am I being too cynical? Maybe I am?

But I have to say that I immensely enjoyed Michael Scheuer telling them what he thought of them. He set out the six reasons why the US is hated by international jihadists - placing in first place US support of tyranny for over fifty years, and typified one Congressman's argument that it was because of American freedom, democracy, defence of women's rights as "Bullshit sir!"

The Congressman, caught in his own web of arguments tries to extricate himself. "I'm going to move on", he says. "I wish you would move on", says a grinning Scheuer. Delightful.

I like this guy...

:Clap:

The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
More from the most enjoyable Michael Scheuer, as he tucks CNN reporters in a bed of their own making over America and the overthrow of Gaddafi and US financial bankruptcy:

The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Scheuer on Syria: the US is "owned by foreign governments" - "Saudi's and Israeli's".

And he highlights the degree of domestic discontent about US forces being asked to fight on the side of Al Qaida (the so called "Rebels") in Syria - and says the USAF will be "flying air cover for Al Qaida", who we've been fighting against for 17 years.

It's classic stuff:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Very Partial List of CIA Secret & Illegal Operations Peter Lemkin 0 6,126 07-11-2017, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Licio Gelli, Former Head of Fascist Gladio-Connected P2 Lodge Dead Peter Lemkin 11 15,054 18-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  NSA Head Alexander Thinks He's Captain Kirk - Literally!!!!! Life Stranger Than Fiction! Peter Lemkin 5 4,451 19-09-2013, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  ‘Top Secret America’: A look at the military’s Joint Special Operations Command Bernice Moore 1 2,926 04-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Tactical Operations Center of Operation Condor is Focus of Argentine Trial Ed Jewett 1 3,691 21-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Austin Kelley
  ‘Top Secret America’: A look at the military’s Joint Special Operations Command 0 822 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: