Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This looks really interesting
http://apresidentbetrayed.stta.us/

Therefore no one knows about it.

Some really good info and some credible commentators.
Jim,

Thank you for this tip on the new documentary. Finally, it looks like a thoughtful television program on the JFK presidency/assassination.

While the film will be screened in select theaters nationally, it will also be broadcast on Directv. I checked on the listings, and the program's premiere will be on the evening of November 7 (8pm Eastern). Apparently, the show is free to Directv subscribers (i.e., not pay-per-view).

James
Looks great. It will be on the channel called Audience Network if you get Direct TV.
I just watched this on Direct TV. It was pretty good. They started out mentioning the 1961 Pentagon plan for a preemptive strike on the USSR in late 1963. They describe how Averell Harriman changed his views on Vietnam to become an interventionist and actively worked to subvert Kennedy's policies there.

There was no mention of Operation Northwoods, unfortunately. They did talk about the JFK-Khrushchev letters and Norman Cousins, Jean Daniel and Castro. They don't mention the CIA as much as they should have. They show a film clip of Kennedy as a Senator in 1953 visiting Vietnam warning about US involvement there.

Overall they paint a picture of Kennedy trying to avoid nuclear war and develop peaceful coexistence with the Communist world. The assassination is referred to without supporting or opposing the official story.
I would really like to see this.

But I will be in Texas when its in LA.

I guess I will have to get it it on DVD.
Without doubt, this film includes the finest group of scholars on JFK's foreign policy ever assembled for a documentary. The film itself should be the flagship show on network or PBS programming, as opposed to the obscure Directv "Audience Channel" (101).

I wrote some more detailed thoughts on the film that appear on p. 2 of "The Ultimate TV Guide to this year's coverage of the 50th" page on this website, as started by Marlene Zenker on 11/2/13. All of the television shows are being discussed on the following thread:

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...n5C_yQYJz8

James
I saw.

Worth seeking out. Plenty of interesting and insightful recollections and analysis by about a dozen historians. There may be some revelations for those who are not deeply immersed. Superb documentary film making; undoubtedly a labor of love for director Cory Taylor whose previous works include 2009's The Power of The Powerless and 1998's Avalanche: The White Death for which he won a Prime Time Emmy for Sound Editing.

This film focuses on the familiar Cold War crises of a young president increasingly at odds with his military/intelligence professionals. Some of the most compelling parts of the film are contemporary interviews with the men who served as translators for Nikita Khrushchev and President Kennedy during the Vienna summit of June 4, 1961, Viktor Sukhodrev (Khrushchev) and Alexander Akalovsky (JFK). Candid recollections from the daughters of Norman Cousins who accompanied their father to meet Khrushchev, and commentary from Khrushchev's son are also new.

The filmmakers have chosen to make no stated inference about the circumstances of President Kennedy's assassination. I believe JFK: A President Betrayed will be a valuable resource to anyone, especially those whose lives began after his death, for assessing the context and meaning of his presidency and his life.

I'm hopeful it will soon be available on DVD.
www.jfkessentials.com
Where Angels Tread Lightly, 2015, John M. Newman
State Secret, 2013, Bill Simpich
Oswald and the CIA, 2008 ed., John M. Newman
Deep Politics and DP ll, 2003 ed., Peter Dale Scott
Our Man In Mexico... 2008, Jefferson Morley
Wilderness of Mirrors, 1980, David C. Martin
JFK and Vietnam, 1992, John M. Newman
Enemy of the Truth...2012, Sherry P. Fiester
Very true. Extremely valuable. And another piece of evidence for Jim D. to augment his already exhaustive evidence on JFK's Foreign Policy.
Dean Acheson is quoted as saying about JFK, "Gentlemen, you might as well face it -- this nation is without leadership."

While reading I.F. Stone's Hidden History of the Korean War - written in 1952 - I found this about Acheson: "Who remembered in these days of McCarthyism that Acheson, on making his Washington debut at the Treasury before the war, had been denounced by New Dealers as a 'Morgan man,' a Wall Street Trojan Horse, a borer-from-within on behalf of the big bankers?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting sidebar to President Johnson's Vietnam War Tom Bowden 5 9,137 17-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Interesting new photos and photo analysis of the Plaza Peter Lemkin 0 3,736 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Interesting Thread at ROKC re: Oswald's Bus Transfer Bob Prudhomme 6 4,764 10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Interview with Malcolm Blunt by Alan Dale - Very Interesting Materials Covered! Peter Lemkin 3 5,531 19-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Gun nuts in Dealey Plaza - Interesting Salon.com article Richard Coleman 1 2,218 29-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Interesting tidbit from Oswald's 201 file Drew Phipps 10 6,941 14-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Interesting Twitter exchange Martin White 15 7,166 19-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Martin White
  Interesting Oswald Rifle issue Anthony DeFiore 5 4,953 20-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Anthony DeFiore
  Interesting Analysis - Though Not In Conformity With All Of The Facts, IMO Peter Lemkin 0 2,009 18-11-2013, 10:11 AM
  Interesting little tidbit I'd not heard before......LBJ quick to control the Media! Peter Lemkin 0 1,887 18-11-2013, 09:21 AM