Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50th Kitsch. This Obscenity Is But One Of Many To Come!
Philadelphia University hosts first showing of Single Bullet' exhibition for Arlen Specter Center for Public Policy

Faculty and students will have the opportunity to learn more about the Warren Commission investigation of the JFK assassination
October 17, 2013 / PHILADELPHIA [Image: Event-Flyer-1-194x300.jpg]Philadelphia University invites students and faculty to the inaugural exhibition of the Arlen Specter Center for Public Policy on Thursday, October 17, 2013. This exhibition, titled "Single Bullet," attributes Senator Arlen Specter's involvement in the Warren Commission investigation of the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
The exhibit will take place at the Paul J. Gutman Library on Philadelphia University's campus from 4 to 6 p.m. Admission is free for all guests, and the exhibit will remain on display in the library from Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This event will feature special guest, Howard P. Willens, who will speak to the audience about his experiences in the Warren Commission. Not only was Willens a former assistant counsel to the Warren Commission, but he is also the author of the forthcoming book "History Will Prove Us Right: Inside the Warren Commission Investigation into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy."
With a generous contribution provided by the PNC Foundation, Philadelphia University students, faculty and staff have collaborated to make this installation possible. This upcoming exhibition is a prelude to the grand opening of The Arlen Specter Center for Public Policy. The Philadelphia University community can look forward to the official induction of the center on October 21, 2013.
The Single Bullet exhibition will remain open for visitation in the Arlen Specter Center throughout the entire school year until April 11, 2014.
Historically known as the Roxboro House, The Arlen Specter Center for Public Policy is located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia and sits alongside School House Lane. It has been constructed to preserve, organize and provide access to Senator Arlen Specter's profound collection of historic papers, photographs and political documents reflecting 50 years of his career.
"Senator Specter was a life-long supporter of education and we were honored by his decision to donate his historically important archives to Philadelphia University," said Philadelphia University President Stephen Spinelli.
To attend the exhibition preview, guests should RSVP by October 14, 2013 to spectercenter@philau.edu.
For more information on Single Bullet or to make donations to The Arlen Specter Center for Public Policy, please visit www.philau.edu/spectercenter or contact the university at 215.951.0489 for any further questions.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Feel free to add to this thread any other present or recent past '50th Kitsch'......It being rolled out by the truck-full now.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Philadelphia has a lot invested in propping up their native son.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Philadelphia has a lot invested in propping up their native son.

Philadelphia has made 'its bed' - now will have to sleep in it. Maybe they'll open a flat-earth museum next to this one....then the same crowd can visit both.
Perhaps they should indict Arlen Specter for obstruction of justice....long overdue in my opinion.
Tom Huston Wrote:Perhaps they should indict Arlen Specter for obstruction of justice....long overdue in my opinion.
I believe it's too late for that :Idea:
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Tom Huston Wrote:Perhaps they should indict Arlen Specter for obstruction of justice....long overdue in my opinion.
I believe it's too late for that :Idea:

Obviously you don't believe in ghosts Dawn...Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,595 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  The fact of conspiracy weaponized: the 50th Anniversary Cliff Varnell 0 2,224 01-08-2016, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Ultimate TV Guide to this years coverage of the 50th - God help us! Marlene Zenker 43 13,259 24-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  AARC Conference: 50th Anniversary of the Warren Report Alan Dale 2 2,210 16-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Upcoming Conferences On 50th of the Big Lies of the WC. Peter Lemkin 5 3,876 14-07-2014, 03:48 PM
  Preparations & Ideas for the 50th Mark Prior 175 41,649 12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Tomorrow is 50th anniversary of Truman Dulles Clash over WaPost Op Ed. Help spread this Ray McGovern Nathaniel Heidenheimer 4 3,673 22-12-2013, 04:18 PM
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 50th Annivesary Barry Keane 1 2,159 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dealey Plaza UK Commemorates the 50th Anniversary Barry Keane 0 1,639 24-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  50th Anniversary Commemorations Barry Keane 1 1,946 22-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan