Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The missing Link in JFK research: Media Savy: We Need a New Policoff to UnHuey the News
Hello. I am in danger of writing a clear sentence. Please stand back.

The JFK assassination research community ..is not the greatest... when it comes to communications strategies.

We Need a new Jerry Policoff but he she needs to be one part Policoff, one part Marshall McLuhan, one part frenetic internet zombie. Also a small fries and a pepsi please.

No seriously, I do not think that we think enough about how to get more people reading great, true stuff. Look at the sales of books like Destiny Betrayed and Reclaiming Parkland. They were decent for a while, but they should have been plateauing...

Why are real JFK assassination books VIRTUALLY UNIQUE as far as marketing and PERMITTING WORD OF MOUTH? Because there is one characteristic that JFK assassination books have that is unique in terms of corporate censorship right now:

1) they are NOT ONLY verbotten in the MSM
2) they are ALSO verbotten in the fake alternative media, which is funded by Capitalist Foundations on a quid pro quo basis.
3) Can you take a guess what the quo is, and why?

Until we face this unique media degree of verbotenness and adopt policies to combat it..... there is no way we can be effective in connecting all the incredible research that has been done to the only issue that looms over the US right now: confronting pure-corporate totalitarianism, which is what we are facing today. [ I dont mean 1930s style Total. I mean a very different much more sophisticated totalitarianism spun from the mozaic of a false-pluralism. Duh]

What we need to do is create means of pole-vaulting the walls of Jericho that have been created by the media gatekeepers. It can be done if there is a will to focus on communications strategies and not just post more great truths to a shrinking and aging group. This is about preserving history, folks. Do or let it die.

I think I have some good ideas about how to solve these communications problems, and I intend to share them here. If you have any please do the same.

You see, Judo is the art of turning a force directed against you back, and toward the attacker. (I think). We could all learn better Judo skills IMO. There are so many media opportunities that we are not taking advantage of.
Betamax really was much better than VHS. But for that matter you don't see either of them much these days. The technology changes but the market remains. Truth gets lost.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Nathaniel Heidenheimer Wrote:Hello. I am in danger of writing a clear sentence. Please stand back.

The JFK assassination research community ..is not the greatest... when it comes to communications strategies.

We Need a new Jerry Policoff but he she needs to be one part Policoff, one part Marshall McLuhan, one part frenetic internet zombie. Also a small fries and a pepsi please.

No seriously, I do not think that we think enough about how to get more people reading great, true stuff. Look at the sales of books like Destiny Betrayed and Reclaiming Parkland. They were decent for a while, but they should have been plateauing...

Why are real JFK assassination books VIRTUALLY UNIQUE as far as marketing and PERMITTING WORD OF MOUTH? Because there is one characteristic that JFK assassination books have that is unique in terms of corporate censorship right now:

1) they are NOT ONLY verbotten in the MSM
2) they are ALSO verbotten in the fake alternative media, which is funded by Capitalist Foundations on a quid pro quo basis.
3) Can you take a guess what the quo is, and why?

Until we face this unique media degree of verbotenness and adopt policies to combat it..... there is no way we can be effective in connecting all the incredible research that has been done to the only issue that looms over the US right now: confronting pure-corporate totalitarianism, which is what we are facing today. [ I dont mean 1930s style Total. I mean a very different much more sophisticated totalitarianism spun from the mozaic of a false-pluralism. Duh]

What we need to do is create means of pole-vaulting the walls of Jericho that have been created by the media gatekeepers. It can be done if there is a will to focus on communications strategies and not just post more great truths to a shrinking and aging group. This is about preserving history, folks. Do or let it die.

I think I have some good ideas about how to solve these communications problems, and I intend to share them here. If you have any please do the same.

You see, Judo is the art of turning a force directed against you back, and toward the attacker. (I think). We could all learn better Judo skills IMO. There are so many media opportunities that we are not taking advantage of.

Nathaniel, great talk with you on the phone the other day. I would like to see your ideas on good communications strategies. I am always concerned about how the media ignores hidden history and keeps it hidden.

My concern is about marginalization, which I think is yours too. My emphasis is on how the 9/11 truth movement has taken an approach that has resulted in it being marginalized. One big problem occurs with the very use of the word "conspiracy" which has been marginalized beyond belief. I agree that there are gatekeepers at various junction points, and they seize on themes like conspiracy to keep people and movements in check.

I think that the path forward is to build alliances with other progressive movements that are involved in building civil society in the US and around the world. This would include people working to support Assange, Manning and Snowden, and also economic battles against crony capitalism and for a minimum living wage - these issues have a broad appeal among many sectors of the population - many on the right as well as the left support these battles. I believe that assassination researchers has a lot to offer in analyzing the intelligence community, the military, and other social forces, and the last thing we want to do is to become isolated as a historical society.
I've been marketing ideas and products for decades...

One of the key factors in this success is DEMAND, be it existing or created... real or convinced in the consumer.

There is a level of DEMAND - think about the Jesse Ventura ratings for his Conspiracy shows.... yet there is more interest in what Honey Boo-boo did yesterday or if the Real Housewives are screwing the right people...

::headbang:: http://www.tv.com/shows/

Until the likes of Tom Hanks et al take up this cause for historical accuracy, we have no real ADVOCACY for these truths... except on the internet where they are already read by those interested...

Think of it this way... you like your toothpaste. You use it everyday for most your life and in many cases it is the SAME BRAND.
Someone comes along and offers you a FREE TASTE of some new stuff, yet it comes with three pages of instructions and leaves a crappy taste in your mouth...

Will you ever try it again?
Would you switch from what you like to this?

The conslusion of what we are selling has been rendered intersting yet ultimately too frightening for most to even try...

I have to run right now... and I would love to continue the conversation...

Talk again soon
DJ
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
Look at this article by New Yorker word-slick Adam Gopnik

Think of the type of readers New Yorker gets. Generalist, wannabees, status, don't read a lot of history usually, but some. Can play a useful blocking and scrambling function.

NOW read this article by Adam.

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/bo...oks_gopnik

Are there some trap doors that stand out here that might be used as "O really " moments to call the credibility of the New yorker in question but ALSO in a way that would get the New Yorker readers reading the first two sentences of your post. Easy. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO REACH NEW READERS IN STEAD OF STAYING IN YOUR INTERNET SILO, AS THIS PIECE OF CRAP IS DESIGNED TO GET YOU TO DO.

For example check out Adams sentence on Officer Tippet. I see a trap door. Leading over the wall this article builds.
David Josephs Wrote:I've been marketing ideas and products for decades...

One of the key factors in this success is DEMAND, be it existing or created... real or convinced in the consumer.

There is a level of DEMAND - think about the Jesse Ventura ratings for his Conspiracy shows.... yet there is more interest in what Honey Boo-boo did yesterday or if the Real Housewives are screwing the right people...

Until the likes of Tom Hanks et al take up this cause for historical accuracy, we have no real ADVOCACY for these truths... except on the internet where they are already read by those interested...

Think of it this way... you like your toothpaste. You use it everyday for most your life and in many cases it is the SAME BRAND.
Someone comes along and offers you a FREE TASTE of some new stuff, yet it comes with three pages of instructions and leaves a crappy taste in your mouth...

The conslusion of what we are selling has been rendered intersting yet ultimately too frightening for most to even try...

Talk again soon
DJ

The reason, as I've said before, that I wrote the JFK Assassination app (iOS and Android) was to get it into as many hands as possible through a medium that most people these days have in their hands all the time, especially young people (you know, passing the torch). I have not been able to get the community to really participate in mentioning, promoting, etc. the app and I wish I knew why the research community seems reticent. I and Al Rossi (who wrote the Android version) are very willing to make this app the most comprehensive guide to the assassination that exists but without support we just can't justify the blood, sweat and tears that goes into it only to be downloaded by almost no one. I know that book authors know this feeling well but at least to some extent if you haven't self published your publisher is at least doing some promotion, sending you on book signing, etc..

I tried and failed miserably to get the app to Oliver Stone prior to the anniversary when he was doing the rounds in the media. There are as we know other famous and influential people in our community but I don't have access to them.

If you think the app is important I would appreciate any help and or suggestions.
Prior to the 50th anniversary there was discussion on these and other forums about getting our message out... which in turn got muddied by a true lack of agreed upon and defined objectives.

We all, it seems, have our own idea of an agenda that would further our cause... while my question remained - to what end?

What is our "message"... ? that the world is full of corruption and greed that runs rampant, that infests every society of humans on the planet whether there is awareness of not?

Smart people get that and the others prefer to keep their heads down, grazing. They don't want to take the blue pill and learn the TRUTHS of existence as a human.
Even for those that choose to learn the truths, this can lead to a whole host of results from mental illness to vocal activist...

Throughout history we see that certain evils can be changed... in one form - like the slavery of the south - yet exists and florishes in different forms... the trafficking of humans for prostitution is one example.
I am sure we do not fool ourselves into believing that the abolishment of one changes the mindset of a class of humans who feel it their divine right to subjugate others for their profit.

In the midst of our nation condeming Mr Putin for doing on his borders what we as a country has done to nations all around the world - the hypocrisy drips...
Last night on Pierce Morgan he asked that question specifically... the man answering said not a word on the subject and Pierce simply moved on...
I can image that voice in his earplug saying, "Pierce, move on... you can't bash the US like that"

Colin Powell stood before the world and lied about the situation in Iraq to justify the invasion of a sovereign nation cause they MIGHT do something to us, 8000 miles away, at some later point in time.
Or at least that's what was said and sold to the US/UK/NATO alliances... until one reads the Iraqi Oil Act/Law of 2007, the Patriot Act and the Homeland Security Act... just for starters.

WHAT is our message?

We now know many of the mechanics involved...
will widespread knowledge of these players change anything... does knowing who the plumbers were change anything about why Watergate break-in was really planned and what it really accomplished and by whom?
Does knowing, and even making a movie about the lies of the Bush administration related to the Iraq invasion, change the way we've dealt with that region?

We now know many of the Facilitators and the diverse reasons behind their actions
The names roll off our tongues... Angleton, Goodpasture, Hunt, Helms, Phillips, Scott, Morales... and on and on... and yet we still are not sure who was KGB, or Nazis, or power-corrupt Americans doing the job of "protecting" their nation at any cost.

"Members of the US government's intelligence services were instrumental in the assassination of JFK" - there is virtually no denying this now...
Thanks, says the masses - but excuse me, Family Feud is on.....
Thanks, says the media - but we have stockholders to account to, and owners who can tell the 4th estate what to say and not say - while we make sure the truth is buried within 10 billion web pages and among so much fantasy that it appears too paranoid for consumption.
Thanks, says honest, hardworking government employees in all branches of government, military and security... - but I just work here.

We've done patheticaly little to further discussion on the Sponsor...

And for very good reason - dedicating one's life to the exposure of these plans and entities enabled the killing of the most powerful, most protected, most important free man on the planet...

Talking about it amongst ourselves is not the same as exposing it... These forums are filled with some of the most vile acts of human depravity we can ever know, while that double edged sword - HOPE - keeps us in the fight.

Kill a virus, another takes it place - usually stronger and more resilient... it LEARNS how to survive more effectively... just as humans at the top of the food chain have developed their strengths and defenses over 5000+ years of evolution.
An entire democracy was fooled into believing that the Bush virus was replaced by a non-virus... yet we come to find that not to be the case, at all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5761[/ATTACH]

So who owns all this debt?

The $1,316,700,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities that entities in mainland China owned as of the end of November set a record for China, but it was still $846,966,000,000 less than the $2,163,666,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities the Federal Reserve owned as of Nov. 27, according the Fed's weekly balance sheets. http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/20131129/

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/...ts/mfh.txt breaks down this enormous debt owned by FOREIGN countries and is only 1/3 of the total.

===================

Now why does all this matter?

Because sadly, in the scheme of things, the JFK assassiantion is but a blip of history that took the Sponsor from the shadows to the forefront.
While at the same time his presence during these terrible years kept the world from total destruction...

IQ: If Nixon was president and the decision was to go after Cuba and Russia with First Strikes... what do you suppose the position of these SPONSORS would have been?
Do you honestly believe that those on the NSA and CFR wanted thermo-nuclear war? and if they ARE indeed as powerful as we suspect, would they not do all in their power to avert such a war by keeping things "conventional"

In my mind, the answer to that will always be YES... The SPONSOR model/plan falls apart with complete destruction... their TRILLIONS do not get paid back in perpetuity.

So why kill the one man who helped insure the continuance of their SPONSOR model ??
Th answer to me is as I dig deeper into the philosphies of humankind is... they didn't.

SPONSORS are focused on POWER via their WEALTH/OWNERSHIP of the debt currencies of nations... allowing in turn the profitization of the hearts and minds of the masses.
Virtually every action in history, regardless of governmental structure, can be traced to this singlular goal... and the understanding that the altruistic attempt to unify the world under a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT for the benefit and safety of nations and people, is a charade. This RESULT is the LAST thing the Sponsor level would desire... it is the process of conflict and resistence to this ORDER which continues to put the gold in their pockets.

As intellectuals and scholars we form our own entitiy and congregate here to put forth our views on actions the SPONSORS simply capitalized upon... If indeed a "Star Chamber" type entity banged a gavel on JFK's life... I doubt we can ever know that as we know that Humes reverse engineered the wounds to hide the grisly realities of what was done... and there seems to me, very little we can do to change that...

===================

So what CAN we do? (and thank you for bearing with me)

Can we create a better informed masses? is THAT the goal here?
Can we bring people to justice - as if justice in the JFK case, given its magnitude, is even possible?

The first step in any Business plan or organizational direction is a MISSION STATEMENT... What are we here to do?

I spent years as a consultant, business owner and employee in/to small, mid-size and large organziations. I must tell you that the greatest problem facing each of these entities was the misalignment of Business Objectives to the day to day activities/decisions of the Management and staff of each entity.

The old joke is: Airline captain gets on the intercom... "Ladies and Gentlemen I have good news and bad news... Good news, we are making amazing time - the circumstances are allowing us to move at speeds we never thought possible. the Bad? We're lost, I have no idea where we are or where we're going."

Before we spend any more time on TACTICS... we must first agree on a MISSION Statement which in turn helps the organization to define: 1) the Objective, 2)Strategies which can achieve that Objective, 3)Tactics which align with the Strategies, & 4)Activites that only support the Tactics... the most important and most neglected piece of this equation

KNOWING that Activites which are not in line with the Tactics, and in turn the Strategies, will NOT accomplish the Objective - and are purely a waste of time... if indeed the Objective is sound and agreed upon by whatever entity undertaking its accomplishment... moving effectively and efficiently in the wrong direction is an oxymoron.

Objectives are based on the MISSION STATEMENT of the entity... the enjoyment of the discourse here, the friends made, the collaboration, the end products are all wonderful by-products of our individual activies which are defined by our personal objectives... yet I fail to see a true unifying force... a true MISSION STATMENT of the JFK-Truth community... Jesse Ventura lumps JFK in with the Lochness Monster... Fetzer with the most far-out ideas (some of which are more true than we like to accept) Marrs who has written spectacular books on the debt, the 4th reich and other underbelly topics.... and that only scratches the surface...

Googling Mission Statement will flood you with links...

Mission Statement (What You Do): A one-sentence statement describing the reason an organization or program exists and used to help guide decisions about priorities, actions, and responsibilities.
http://topnonprofits.com/examples/nonpro...tatements/

The Mission statement should be about three sentences long and touches upon these key points.

1. Who we are
  2. What we do
  3. What we stand for
  4. Why we do it

It is concise and most importantly, quantifiable. IOW, how do we know that our day-to-day actions are directly related to the accomplishment of the Mission?

The DPF may have one of its own... "To be the premier location on the web for the ongoing exchange of information related to the political and socio-economic issues of our day"... for example

As you can see, that does not accomplish the Objective of informing the masses about the truths of the JFK assassination... if indeed THAT is what Nathaniel so passionately eludes to, and we inturn all agree to do.

CTKA has its own Mission... and on and on to each and every person or entity that exists... we may not verbalize it or put it on a plaque in the lobby... but it guides the majority of our activities.

A common misconception of the role of a consultant in this area is that they are brought in to write the Mission statement FOR the entity... nothing could be farther from the truth.
I am a COACH. I ask the right questions and try to steer my clients to THEIR truths.

In this case I can act as both consultant and Client... whether it can be done via its own thread, right here, or in some other manner... IDK.

But we can sure give it a try... for as bleak as the world situation may be... HOPE for improvement and a desire to - as the new commercial says "Write our own chapter" gets me up in the morning and smiles at the sunshine.

If you've read this far, thanks for hearing me out and bearing with me...

Now it becomes OUR task, OUR responsibility to either band together and create an entity dedicated to a common Objective... or not.
Analysis of our "market" and how it can best be approached comes afterward... but it cannot even begin until we are all flying in the same and mutually agreed upon "correct" direction...

DJ

Attached Files
.jpg   obama-national-debt.jpg (Size: 63.22 KB / Downloads: 35)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
Here's what I'm thinking and perhaps we should merge this thread with the Mission Statement thread.

At first I thought that we had missed our opportunity to capitalize on the 50th but based on what the media did during the weeks leading up to and the anniversary itself it we didn't stand a chance. I think that first the bickering HAS to take a back burner to the mission itself. We can argue to infinity the finer points and even some of the larger points within the community but together we have to show unanimity toward the common goal. What if, like Len Osanic did in his 50 Reasons, we focus on say of the most important and obvious evidence, with a number of references (these can be text, images, video, etc.) that basically make that evidence irrefutable. Take the Z film for example, regardless of opinions about whether it was altered, regardless of missing frames and more the film even as it exists today shows that the fatal shot to the President was not was not from behind him and above him. Pound into the public psyche that they should believe their own eyes. My point is to focus on a very few things with an overwhelming amount of evidence.

The most important thing after that is to show in plain and simple language via say a timeline what has happened since then and how it is related to at least 11/22/63, though we know it goes much further back. The military industrial complex, Halliburton, Blackwater, undeclared, useless wars, Vietnam, Iraq, etc., NAFTA, deregulation, a congress that is only interested in their own reelection who regardless of huge majority public opinion do not do anything or only do what serves their own self interest.

Maybe the book on the Dulles brothers will help as I hear it brought up in the MSM here and there. It doesn't matter if we kill each other behind the scenes we have to focus...

Just my two cents.
Marlene Zenker Wrote:
David Josephs Wrote:I've been marketing ideas and products for decades...

Talk again soon
DJ

The reason, as I've said before, that I wrote the JFK Assassination app (iOS and Android) was to get it into as many hands as possible through a medium that most people these days have in their hands all the time, especially young people (you know, passing the torch). I have not been able to get the community to really participate in mentioning, promoting, etc. the app and I wish I knew why the research community seems reticent. I and Al Rossi (who wrote the Android version) are very willing to make this app the most comprehensive guide to the assassination that exists but without support we just can't justify the blood, sweat and tears that goes into it only to be downloaded by almost no one. I know that book authors know this feeling well but at least to some extent if you haven't self published your publisher is at least doing some promotion, sending you on book signing, etc..

I tried and failed miserably to get the app to Oliver Stone prior to the anniversary when he was doing the rounds in the media. There are as we know other famous and influential people in our community but I don't have access to them.

If you think the app is important I would appreciate any help and or suggestions.
I have had contact with David Wayne who with Law and Order star Richard Belzer wrote two JFK assassination books. I would have to search my email to make sure I still have some of his emails to me. It's not Stone but Belzer is a media star.
Dawn
Marlene Zenker Wrote:Here's what I'm thinking and perhaps we should merge this thread with the Mission Statement thread.

At first I thought that we had missed our opportunity to capitalize on the 50th but based on what the media did during the weeks leading up to and the anniversary itself it we didn't stand a chance. I think that first the bickering HAS to take a back burner to the mission itself. We can argue to infinity the finer points and even some of the larger points within the community but together we have to show unanimity toward the common goal. What if, like Len Osanic did in his 50 Reasons, we focus on say of the most important and obvious evidence, with a number of references (these can be text, images, video, etc.) that basically make that evidence irrefutable. Take the Z film for example, regardless of opinions about whether it was altered, regardless of missing frames and more the film even as it exists today shows that the fatal shot to the President was not was not from behind him and above him. Pound into the public psyche that they should believe their own eyes. My point is to focus on a very few things with an overwhelming amount of evidence.

The most important thing after that is to show in plain and simple language via say a timeline what has happened since then and how it is related to at least 11/22/63, though we know it goes much further back. The military industrial complex, Halliburton, Blackwater, undeclared, useless wars, Vietnam, Iraq, etc., NAFTA, deregulation, a congress that is only interested in their own reelection who regardless of huge majority public opinion do not do anything or only do what serves their own self interest.

Maybe the book on the Dulles brothers will help as I hear it brought up in the MSM here and there. It doesn't matter if we kill each other behind the scenes we have to focus...

Just my two cents.
Good thoughts/ideas Marlene. But good luck in getting the bickering to cease.
And the Tom Hanks of this world will not ever care to learn the truth.
The MSM is totally controlled and the progressive/leftie media just does not want to know. JFK is just one more imperial president to them. Jerry Policoff is a big exception. Russ Baker, another.
Facebook has been good in my opinion for educating people. I post a lot on there about these matters and I have been privately told by people who are/were unaware of this stuff that they read what I post. (Which is exactly WHY I do it). Forums like this are also most helpful. As was the Education forum. People who knew little to nothing would just google JKF assassination and come up with EF and begin to read and study. We are found in this manner as well. I have sent emails responding to ignorant leftie articles, generally with no reply. They have their mindset and historical truth matters not. One thing we could all try is to pick certain progressive writers, say one a week and send massive emails to this person. Emails that each have a piece of the truth, and links...perhaps a mass effort of educating these folks would result in changing some minds and thus get the truth out to a larger audience. Just a thought.
Dawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Hargrove Chooses Politics Over Good Research Brian Doyle 0 170 12-01-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  The JFK Research Community Is Responsible For This Brian Doyle 0 248 28-11-2023, 04:48 PM
  Roger Odisio Plants Credibility Time Bomb At Heart Of CT Research Brian Doyle 6 794 14-08-2023, 02:23 PM
  How The Education Forum Destroyed Credible JFK Research Brian Doyle 8 1,014 09-07-2023, 09:35 PM
  DiEugenio Betrays Conspiracy Research Brian Doyle 1 459 07-07-2023, 04:32 PM
  The Passing of Jerry Policoff Jim DiEugenio 1 2,415 14-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Fox News | 9/13 - Actor Isaiah Washington says 'JFK and MLK assassinate by government' Richard Booth 1 2,253 03-11-2019, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  EXCELLENT Research on LHO & Ruth Hyde Paine [and family] - Linda Minor Peter Lemkin 15 39,292 29-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Final chain link Harry Dean 7 22,628 20-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  JFK Research Methodology James Lateer 19 27,407 02-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: James Lateer