Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby video stating indirectly Lbj caused assassination ?
I recently saw a short video clip with jack ruby stating to a reporter that if we would have had a different vice president Kennedy would be alive ...does any one have more information and why isnt this video shown as proof of conspiracy ...thanks for any replies
Nobody really buys Ruby as having any direct knowledge of LBJ's involvement. Other people in the general public were saying similar things at the time. Ruby also may have been trying to parlay his alleged "inside information" into immunity or at least mercy. An alternative is that Adlai Stevenson was the potential "other vice-president" to which Ruby referred, who would have been even less acceptable to the right wing than Kennedy.

There is lots of indirect evidence of LBJ, most of which is post-assassination and cover-up related. Ruby was "Nixon's man," not LBJ's. Even as a Mafia guy and a gun-runner to Cuba, even if he was a CIA agent with a security clearance (as some folks are arguing now), it seems unlikely that such an expendable bit player, (a guy that it is widely rumored couldn't keep a secret) would have any real valuable information.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Still it would have been nice to know what he had to say and what got Dorothy Kilgallen killed, right?
He had Warren and a court reporter, and a trial judge and another court reporter, and the press eating out of his hand....but yeah, I would have wanted to hear his "secrets," even if I didn't believe them.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Drew Phipps Wrote:He had Warren and a court reporter, and a trial judge and another court reporter, and the press eating out of his hand....but yeah, I would have wanted to hear his "secrets," even if I didn't believe them.
I believe what he told Warren and Ford: that "a whole new form of government would take over". I think Ruby knew a lot more than we can imagine.
Why would the CIA so clumsily kill Kilgallen if what Ruby told was bs?
That's a very insightful question.

(but maybe not exactly for the reason you think it is)

Here is a thread from this forum about Pataki and Kilgallen:

https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums/sho...+kilgallen

I think Ruby was one of the low-level, highly-compartmentalized figures in the JFK assassination who could only speculate who was at the top of the plot. He didn't have a need to know that information. So he had a lot of time in his jail cell to speculate. Sometimes he imagined that a new Nazi regime would come to power and kill all of the Jews.
If that's true then why the desperate need to kill Dorothy Kilgallen? If Julia Ann Mercer is correct Ruby had something dangerous to tell. Something that would connect to what they killed Lee Bowers over.
I personally don't find Mercer that credible. Her story grew every time she told it, until the last version (to Henry Hurt in 1983) included seeing Oswald as the man carrying the gun case. Does it really sound believable that an assassination team would park the truck right there on Elm in full view of everyone?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VIDEO: Did Oswald and Ruby Know Each Other ? Gil Jesus 0 413 09-03-2023, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,056 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 4,709 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 4,807 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Western Union near Ruby's? Jim DiEugenio 0 1,757 23-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 3,932 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 8,580 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 28,855 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,770 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,251 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin