Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2008 Economic Debacle: Accident and/or Designed?
Thanks Lauren.

Of course it's about the dollar. What gets me though, is that the US allowed the banking cartel to rob the US and the rest of the world blind and bring the dollar to its knees leading to the giant crash of 2008. For me this was the elites robbing the US of its wealth - and the rest of the world too. I always figured this was because they saw the inevitable changes coming as the world slowly realigned itself.

If not what was the greatest theft in history all about?

Greed certainly. But anyone with an ounce of common sense could see what happened was inevitable because that level of gearing/leverage was impossible to sustain, and was going to end incredibly badly (as it did). I very clearly saw what was happening as far back as 20 years ago, so bank chairman, fed governors and all the others must've seen it too. And let it happen?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:Thanks Lauren.

Of course it's about the dollar. What gets me though, is that the US allowed the banking cartel to rob the US and the rest of the world blind and bring the dollar to its knees leading to the giant crash of 2008. For me this was the elites robbing the US of its wealth - and the rest of the world too. I always figured this was because they saw the inevitable changes coming as the world slowly realigned itself.

Greed certainly. But anyone with an ounce of common sense could see what happened was inevitable because that level of gearing/leverage was impossible to sustain, and was going to end incredibly badly (as it did). I very clearly saw what was happening as far back as 20 years ago, so bank chairman, fed governors and all the others must've seen it too. And let it happen?

What's it all about? Here's my guess:

Quote:"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
-- Quote from Caroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope, Chapter 20
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:Thanks Lauren.

What's it all about? Here's my guess:

Quote:"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences."
-- Quote from Caroll Quigley's Tragedy and Hope, Chapter 20

I know that quote so well. :Bishop:

My concern with it, in this case, is that it must've been a tremendous gamble were that the case, because they virtually collapsed their banking system - their pride and joy - to achieve their aims, and thus rendered themselves far weaker in the process.

Clearly, the world is now changing very rapidly and new banking/economic systems are developing that are outside their control and jurisdiction.

My own thoughts were that perhaps the elite saw the writing on the wall and decided to plunder everything while they could. This always happens when a regime comes to an end. I would also factor into this somewhat weak theory that this might account for the Bush family buying that damn great ranch down in latin America where there is no extradition agreements in place.

But in the short term they, to their amazement, still see the possibility of keeping most of the plates spinning on poles and while they can keep this magic going they will. It means more profit, with a chance of further sunshine, so why not.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Quote:Clearly, the world is now changing very rapidly and new banking/economic systems are developing that are outside their control and jurisdiction.

The Quigley quote summarizes the long term, back channel CFR end game. I interpret what you are saying, David, is that this project is coming to and end and was being seriously challenged back in 2008 such that "they" decided on the "nuclear option" of grabbing all they could get.

Would you mind saying more about these "new banking/economic systems" back seven or eight years ago that would cause them to panic? I don't see them myself? Now? Eurasia.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
Quote:Clearly, the world is now changing very rapidly and new banking/economic systems are developing that are outside their control and jurisdiction.

The Quigley quote summarizes the long term, back channel CFR end game. I interpret what you are saying, David, is that this project is coming to and end and was being seriously challenged back in 2008 such that "they" decided on the "nuclear option" of grabbing all they could get.

Would you mind saying more about these "new banking/economic systems" back seven or eight years ago that would cause them to panic? I don't see them myself? Now? Eurasia.

The evidence suggests to me that the CFR people have been quite deliberately preparing the controlled demolition of the American economy for some time. Don't forget that it was CFR member (and current co-chairman) Robert Rubin who repealed the Glass-Steagall act during the Clinton administration. Here is an interesting article about that:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/ap...sers-obama

Tangentially, John Podesta, an alumnus of Georgetown, "has supported efforts from the UFO research community to pressure the United States government to release files to the public that could bring light on the simmering allegations of conspiracies and cover-up of the issue. At a 2002 news conference organized by Coalition for Freedom of Information Podesta stated that, "It is time for the government to declassify records that are more than 25 years old and to provide scientists with data that will assist in determining the real nature of this phenomenon".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

He also leads the "liberal think tank" the Center for American Progress:

http://www.thenation.com/article/174437/...pdated-524

Robert Rubin, of course, "spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs", the creators of BRICS:

http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thinking...dream.html

I wonder what this chap would have to say about it all...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6738[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   hegel.jpg (Size: 7.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”
― Leo Tolstoy,
R.K. Locke Wrote:Robert Rubin, of course, "spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs", the creators of BRICS:

I'm not aware of any Goldman involvement in the creation of BRICs. The term BRIC was used as an acronym to identify the new emerging economies of India, Russia, China and Brasil and that is what that article is referring to. The BRIC countries themselves at the PM/presidential level established the banking BRICS as a means of by passing the Goldman Sachs system as they had witnessed the spectacular clusterfuck meltdown of 2008. None of the PMs or presidents of BRICS have Goldman Sachs credentials nor their finance or treasury advisers. Or none that I have found. Though I have no doubt GS would love to get their hands on it.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
R.K. Locke Wrote:Robert Rubin, of course, "spent 26 years at Goldman Sachs", the creators of BRICS:

I'm not aware of any Goldman involvement in the creation of BRICs. The term BRIC was used as an acronym to identify the new emerging economies of India, Russia, China and Brasil and that is what that article is referring to. The BRIC countries themselves at the PM/presidential level established the banking BRICS as a means of by passing the Goldman Sachs system as they had witnessed the spectacular clusterfuck meltdown of 2008. None of the PMs or presidents of BRICS have Goldman Sachs credentials nor their finance or treasury advisers. Or none that I have found. Though I have no doubt GS would love to get their hands on it.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Drew Phipps Wrote:
R.K. Locke Wrote:
Drew Phipps Wrote:Don't mean to hijack the thread, but tell me more about the Bush's Latin American ranch? on another thread, or PM?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/oc...omphillips

Sorry, this article is full of geographical inaccuracies. The Chaco is indeed in the northwest part of Paraguay, but Paso de Patria is in the extreme SW corner, and the aquifer that this article speculated GWB wants to control is in the south east. The Chaco is near the "lowlands" of Bolivia (not the part where the E. coca var coca grows) and the jungle of Brazil.

In an entirely coincidental and unrelated matter, I'm certain, Brazil is beginning to be concerned about the security of its borders. It would seem that cocaine is smuggled into Brazil thru the jungle and that crack is beginning to be sold in the streets of Brazil.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_...story.html

P.S. As of 2010, the USA and Paraguay do have an extradition treaty.

The Guardian is a horrible paper but there are lots of other outlets where you can find this story if you have a dig around.
“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”
― Leo Tolstoy,
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Drew Phipps Wrote:P.S. As of 2010, the USA and Paraguay do have an extradition treaty.
Which brings great comfort to the Bushes.

I misread this. So maybe that explains their lack of travelling?

Magda Hassan Wrote:

This is true. Perhaps "conceptualized" would be a better word (for now) than "created". It was certainly Jim O'Neill of Goldman Sachs who created the idea of the BRICS nations as an economic bloc. Here is another article that fleshes out some of the details:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/112ca932-00ab-...abdc0.html
― Leo Tolstoy,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unheralded report by Channel 4's economic editor on latest forex fraud by banks David Guyatt 1 3,300 15-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Paul Craig Roberts: How Deregulation Has Resurrected American Economic Insecurity Adele Edisen 7 5,628 13-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Miracle economic solution Gary Severson 2 3,563 06-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Gary Severson
  Hudson On Greek Economic Coup and Coming World Economic Coup Peter Lemkin 2 3,258 05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
  Top Chinese official in talks on Spain's economic woes David Guyatt 0 2,182 05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Axis Of Greed - Structure Of Economic Elites Peter Lemkin 2 5,503 28-02-2010, 08:58 AM
  The up side of the economic meltdown in Iceland. No more McDonalds Magda Hassan 1 3,281 28-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Economic Recovery is an Illusion Magda Hassan 0 2,740 04-10-2009, 02:48 AM
  Tarpley on Obama's Economic Woes & Plans - Great Talk! Peter Lemkin 0 2,647 26-02-2009, 10:41 AM
  Bureau of Economic Analysis research information on US companies o/s holdings Magda Hassan 0 2,455 19-02-2009, 09:17 AM