Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Anomaly or simply a labelling error?
Here is a picture from the 6th Floor Museum online site:

Well, I can't get the picture to show up in this post but here is the link:

http://emuseum.jfk.org/view/objects/asit...3042919ef6

It shows a Dallas police officer (J.M. Valentine) standing next to window with sunlight streaming in. The caption for the picture is:

"Image of a Dallas Police officer pointing to the location of the rifle"

And the date of the photo is 11/22/63.

Now, my recollection might be a bit foggy, but wasn't the Carcano 91/38 rifle recovered not near a window but near the elevator in the northwest corner of the building? Also, in the winter in Texas, the sun is slanted far to the south, even during the day, which is why all the TSBD employees on the steps (facing south) are shading their eyes. Even if there was a window on the north side of the building near the elevator, there wouldn't be sunlight strongly shining through it in November.

So, since he's NOT showing us where the gun was (officially) found, is this guy pointing out the "sniper's nest"? The box he's pointing over doesn't look tall enough to be the stacked boxes that are in the other pictures of the snipers nest like CE 715 (and which can still be seen (as a reproduction) in the 6th Floor Museum to this date). Also, if that's a south facing window, the sunlight in the afternoon of the 22nd would be slanting east (away from the officer). If the officer is standing at a west side window, the sunlight would be in the correct place for afternoon Nov. 22, but then he's pointing out yet a third location for the gun.

And wasn't DPD JM Valentine assigned that day to the mysterious "car 207" that, it was reported, drove by and honked at Oswald's boarding house?

Is this another photographic anomaly, or is the picture simply mislabeled?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
I've never seen that photo before and it is odd. The other shots of the supposed rifle find [which rifle I'm saying to myself...as a Mauser was first found, and then a M-C] never seemed to be near windows nor a lot of light from them. A lot of the police in the TSBD seem to have had some knowledge and/or participation in what was really going on in town that day [i.e. not the official version].
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Drew,

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/16/1662-001.gif
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7443&stc=1]

The photo you posted seems consistent with this, just from a different angle, IMO.

Quote:[Dallas Police Lieutenant J.C. "Carl" Day pointing to the rifle location on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository]

Date: November 22, 1963
Creator: Allen, William
Description: Original black and white photographic negative taken by Dallas Times Herald staff photographer William Allen. This image shows Dallas Police Lieutenant J.C. "Carl" Day pointing to the area near the northwest corner of the Texas School Book Depository's sixth floor where Dallas Sheriff's deputies found the rifle used in the Kennedy assassination. The rifle had been hidden between some boxes. Lt. Day was head of the Dallas Police Crime Scene Search Unit responsible for the forensic investigation of physical evidence.

[Image: mURI_temp_812d4bc9.jpg]

Observe the dark mark on the wall, to the right of JM Valentine, and the arrow on the bottom of the sign on the wall, above him. Consider in the CE 719 image posted below, the light switch on the vertical beam mounted just below the number "15", it seems the same switch box and beam visible on the right edge of the Lt. Day photo, posted above.:
[Image: resize:format=preview]
.....and then, consider this.: (The arrow on the sign in the photo and the dark mark on the wall, and Day's testimony / photo exhibit.)
Mr. BELIN. I am going to hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 719 and ask you to state if you know what that is.
Mr. DAY. It is a picture of the portion of the northwest floor where the rifle was found. This is a distance shot showing the stack of boxes.

(The boxes under the sign were moved and JM Valentine is occupying the space where the boxes visible in CE 719 had been positioned
when that photograph, CE 719 was taken.) The "1" in the number "15" on the vertical beam may actually be a darkened area of the conduit connecting to the switch box, RE: Lt. Day photo, posted above.

[Image: ce719.jpg]

Attached Files
.gif   1662-001.gif (Size: 19.66 KB / Downloads: 27)
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/RRL3sHET/file.html

Click on "Download Now"

chris
The video posted by Chris Davidson presents a reenactment by an FBI agent smoothly "hiding" the rifle in a split second and almost in the same motion as
he departs down the stairway steps, but:......

Quote:This is from Howard Ruffman's analysis of Oswald's movements in "Presumed
Innocent."To simulate the hiding of the rifle, Howlett "leaned over as if he were
putting a rifle there [near the stair landing at the northwest corner of
the sixth floor]" (3H253). The Commission did not do justice to its
putative assassin who, as the photographs reveal, took meticulous care in
concealing his weapon. The mere act of gaining access to the immediate
area in which the rifle was hidden required time. This is what Deputy
Sheriff Eugene Boone went through before he discovered the rifle:
As I got to the west wall, there were a row of windows there, and a
slight space between some boxes and the wall. I squeezed through them. . .
. I caught a glimpse of the rifle, stuffed down between two rows of boxes
with another box or so pulled over the top of it. (3H293) Luke Mooney "had
to get around to the right angle" before he could see the rifle (3H298).
Likewise, Deputy Constable Seymour Weitzman reported that "it was covered
with boxes. It was very well protected as far as the naked eye" (7H107).
Another Deputy Sheriff, Roger Craig, recalled that the ends of the rows
between which the rifle had been pushed were closed off by boxes, so that
one could not see through them (6H269).
Photographs of the area in which the rifle was found (e.g., CE 719),
and a bird's-eye view of the hidden rifle itself (e.g., CE 517),
corroborate what these men have described and add other information. CE
719 shows that the rifle was found amid clusters of boxes that did not
permit easy access. CE 517, in particular, is very revealing. It shows
that the rifle had been pushed upright on its side between two rows of
boxes that partially overlapped on top, thus eliminating the possibility
that the rifle had merely been dropped down between the stacks. CE 517
also demonstrates that both ends of the rows of boxes were partially
sealed off by other boxes, indicating a possibility never pursued by the
Commission -- namely, that boxes had to be moved to gain access to the
weapon.
[Image: CE%20517%20360%20a.jpg]

When interviewed by CBS News, Seymour Weitzman inadvertently
admitted this fact:
I'll be very frank with you. I stumbled over it two times, not
knowing it was there. . . . And Mr. Bone [sic] was climbing on top, and I
was down on my knees looking, and I moved a box, and he moved a carton,
and there it was. And he in turn hollered that we had found a rifle.[6]
Hence, the concealment of the rifle required much maneuvering. In
addition to squeezing in between boxes, the gunman had to move certain
cartons filled with books. The rifle itself had been very carefully placed
in position. Doubtless this would have added at least 15, perhaps 20,
seconds to the reconstructed time even if the hiding place had been chosen
in advance (of which there is no evidence either way).
If we take the Commission's minimum time of one minute, 14 seconds
(giving the advantage to the official story) and add the additional six or
seven seconds needed just to evacuate the immediate area of the window,
plus the 15 to 20 seconds more for hiding the rifle, we find that it would
have taken at least a minute and 35 seconds to a minute and 41 seconds for
a sixth-floor gunman to have reached the second-floor lunchroom, had all
his maneuvers been planned in advance. Had Oswald been the assassin, he
would have arrived in the lunchroom at least five to eleven seconds after
Baker reached the second floor, even if Baker took the longest time
obtainable for his ascent -- a minute, 30 seconds. Had Baker ascended in
70 seconds -- as he easily could have -- he would have arrived at least 25
seconds before Oswald. Either case removes the possibility that Oswald
descended from the sixth floor, for on November 22 he had unquestionably
arrived in the lunchroom before Baker.
Oswald could not have done all this.
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.
Tom,

Thank you for the refresher.

I hope by now most of us are aware of the WC/FBI/SS shenanigans.

Hopefully, the video allows Drew to orientate his photo to the video.

chris
I'm sorta paranoid about downloading stuff from popups at websites, so I'm gonna pass on the movie.

Thank you all for the content. I see that the photograph is consistent with the others, and the Texas sunlight thru a western exposure in the afternoon, IF you move the giant stack of boxes clearly visible in CE 719. Gotta wonder though, why on earth are the Dallas PD moving the freaking boxes around (with their hands?) at the crime scene of the century, after they have located the rifle? Just to provide a photo op for the press?

And if they're moving those boxes, why stop there, why not move the boxes around at the sniper's nest as well? (I'm not even going to detail the eyewitness reports of people moving boxes around on the 6th floor within 5 minutes of the shooting...)

Second note, didn't Posner in Case Closed put the rifle nearer the north wall than the west wall? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Hey Tom, is that statement signed by Valentine? It doesn't appear so.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Drew Phipps Wrote:I'm sorta paranoid about downloading stuff from popups at websites, so I'm gonna pass on the movie.

Thank you all for the content. I see that the photograph is consistent with the others, and the Texas sunlight thru a western exposure in the afternoon, IF you move the giant stack of boxes clearly visible in CE 719. .......

Hey Tom, is that statement signed by Valentine? It doesn't appear so.

Quote:National Lampoon 1964 High School Yearbook Parody

....We ask for the mad assassin's name.
Yet in a sense we are all to blame!
It is for us determined to be,
To keep our country strong and free!

The eagle flies
In the Texas sun!
Through starry skies
In the Texas sun! .....
No Drew, there is nothing to indicate JM Valentine signed his statement dated 2 December.

The FBI "reenactment" of the rifle drop and escape from the sixth floor is five seconds of b&w film. I've condensed that short film to three screen captures.:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7444&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7445&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7446&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   drop1.jpg (Size: 100.69 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   drop2.jpg (Size: 91.69 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   drop3.jpg (Size: 91.73 KB / Downloads: 19)
Wasn't there a giant stack of books right there (CE 719) where the FBI guy is leaning over a short stack? Oswald at 5'9" could not have stuck the gun there, by leaning over, if the stack of books were as pictured before the Valentine photo op.

Drew Phipps Wrote:Wasn't there a giant stack of books right there (CE 719) where the FBI guy is leaning over a short stack? Oswald at 5'9" could not have stuck the gun there, by leaning over, if the stack of books were as pictured before the Valentine photo op.

It does seem like they opened it up a little. It also seems like Oswald would have gone in front of the window with a rifle if he made that move.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A simply proof the BYP are not real David Josephs 28 15,688 16-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Ray Mitcham
  The Most Important Error the FBI told the Warren Commission about the Rifle Bob Prudhomme 49 14,645 23-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme