Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
52 Years Later, the Cover-up Is Still Failing
From McClatchy D.C. news service [11/22/2015]

The Kennedy assassination was a watershed moment in American life. JFK was the first president to be killed in the era of film and television. With numerous photos of the 35th president taken in his last moments alive, including the infamous "Zapruder film" showing Kennedy in the moments before, during and after he was struck, Americans have long speculated not only about why the shooting occurred, but also how it happened.
In 2013, on the 50-year anniversary of the assassination, a clear majority of Americans (61 percent in a Gallup poll) still believed others besides Lee Harvey Oswald were involved. But this percentage was the lowest found in nearly 50 years.
Could one man have fired three shots and killed Kennedy in a way consistent with his wounds? If Oswald actually acted alone at the Texas School Book Depository, was he funded or supported by others? These are some of the questions that have burned in the American psyche since that fateful day in 1963.
It is possible that new evidence in the Kennedy assassination will never materialize. The JFK Assassination Records Collection Act, enacted in 1992, declassified 98 percent of the unreleased documents in the Warren Commission's investigation, with other unreleased assassination documents scheduled for release in 2017. Thus far, public documents not originally released in or part of the Warren Commission's report from 1964 have not demonstrated that there was any kind of conspiracy, yet clearly most Americans disagree with the official findings.
Speculating about who was really responsible for Kennedy's death will likely remain a topic of fascination for the American public for many years to come.
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
Lying Mockingbird press. I will not read or watch any mainstream lies today. (I know I just did but I thought it was something on the level. For a change. )
That story is the standard lazy copy-and-paste job they pull out of the file every year. Sadly, the figure of 61% who believe in a conspiracy reflects the fact that the assassination is becoming ancient history to Americans, especially among younger people.

I even run into that mentality with people when I talk about 9/11 ("that was 14 years ago, forget about it, who cares?") Americans have such short memories, it's one of the reasons the public can be so easily lied to and sold a bill of goods.
An excellent point, Tracy, in respect to how easy the public can be dissuaded over time. I also agree with Dawn's sharp sentiments/assessment of/about the MSM (Just once it would be encouraging to see them leave Oswald out of the equation altogether, and actually endeavor to address the possibility others without his involvement, let alone knowledge, were really responsible...rather than continuing to confuse/mislead the public by offering the same old lies... Oswald did it all alone or implicate him with others). A totally free press would be free to work outside of the slanted influences of Operation Mockingbird.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CBS and their 1964 Cover UP Jim DiEugenio 3 3,201 28-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  My Cover Letter to Rep. Ilhan Omar Jim DiEugenio 3 3,264 25-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  How Life Magazine aided the Cover up Jim DiEugenio 0 2,096 06-02-2019, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Reports on or from the Dallas or other Conferences Re: November 22 - 55 years ago!! Peter Lemkin 16 19,730 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Don Jeffries
  Best JFK books of the last 2 years? Tracy Riddle 59 87,994 22-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Best Book on RFK in over 30 years Jim DiEugenio 16 26,318 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  JFK 100 Years Barry Keane 4 6,648 29-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  JFK 100 Years Barry Keane 0 2,670 07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Barry Keane
  "Fake news": isn't this what we've been saying for 50+ years? Martin White 1 3,426 23-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  JFK 99 Years Barry Keane 1 2,206 29-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle